Thread: Windows 7 setting PS3 how to find 8 digit setup key for extender setup

Windows 7 setting PS3 how to find 8 digit setup key for extender setup

I am tyring to setup a media extender on my friends system. He has done with all setup and now I want to some help to locate 8 digit setup key for the playstation. I am not able to find that out. I am trying to connect my playstation like a media extender for working them together with media center setup. I also need some help more on setting up a media extender. I am new to this.

Re: Windows 7 setting PS3 how to find 8 digit setup key for extender setup

First you must know that that you cannot use playstation as the media center extender. So it is quiet not easy to stream video out of it. The same is possible either if the DLNA is enabled which you can see in NAS. Or you can simply use Media sharing option from the Windows Media player. You must pick up a guide for that and get some more information from that.

Media Center is a feature of Windows Vista Home Premium and Windows Vista Ultimate, facilitates the viewing of films, videos and also allows you to listen to the Radio. Additional features can be added to Windows Vista Media Center via plugins, so we can watch TV Streaming from the Internet, need to have an alarm or to edit, or convert recorded videos. But about the PS3 8 digit setup key you might need to arrnage for the manual that can help you in more detailed way.

You can do that by clicking on Add Extender and then follow the onscreen instructions. You can simply provide the key and use the same in your HTCP to sync the connection. There are lots of changes are made in the newest version of Windows media center so that all keys are taken up automatically. Check that your firewall is allowed the connection.

I am using Windows Portable Media Center which is really nice. It is logically called Windows Media Center Extender. This pack allow PCs with Windows Media Center to share their multimedia content with all the other appliances in the home via technology such as WiFi wireless network. For the key you just need to add the extender and then enter the key from the TV to sync.

Here are some tips for your basic connection which is necessary to know. I am using composite or S-video, connect the video cable from the VIDEO of the Media Center Extender TV's video input. Make sure the VIDEO SELECT switch is positioned on the left. When using analog audio, connect the RCA audio left and right outputs from the DVD's Media Center Extender to the TV audio inputs. For a stereo digital audio, connect the Toslink optical cable from the SPDIF digital audio in the Media Center Extender to the AUDIO Digital stereo.

Here are some tips for your basic connection which is necessary to know. I am using composite or S-video, connect the video cable from the VIDEO of the Media Center Extender TV's video input. Make sure the VIDEO SELECT switch is positioned on the left. When using analog audio, connect the RCA audio left and right outputs from the DVD's Media Center Extender to the TV audio inputs. For a stereo digital audio, connect the Toslink optical cable from the SPDIF digital audio in the Media Center Extender to the AUDIO Digital stereo.

Connect the power cord of the Media Center Extender to the mains. The Media Center Extender will automatically switch on. Otherwise, press the Standby button on the front panel of the Extender, and then check the POWER switch on the rear panel of the Extender. The extender is connected to the TV and if there is some official version available then it works automatically.