Thread: Need SKYPE software for Nokia E51 mobile phone

Need SKYPE software for Nokia E51 mobile phone

I am using Nokia E51 mobile phone from last year or so. This mobile is running on the symbian S60 platform and I am looking to install the Skype software on my mobile phone. I have searched for Skype for my mobile model but everything that I could find is not working on my phone or they are for some other mobile device. So, I want to know whether there is any Skype application available for Nokia E51 mobile phone that I can use? Thanks

Re: Need SKYPE software for Nokia E51 mobile phone

For many years already I have been using Skype app on my Nokia E51 mobile phone without any problems. But recently I did a software update in my mobile phone via the Nokia Software Updater and since then the Skype icon became unresponsive till date. I have already tried to remove and reinstall it again but nothing seems to be working for me. Also, there were some games, jar files in my installation folders which is no where to be found now. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Need SKYPE software for Nokia E51 mobile phone

Even in my phone it was working well until I did a software update in my Nokia E51. The other issue that I am facing is that I am not able to download Skype for mobile or symbian by going to the Skype.com website, like I used to before. Instead I am goign to this specified page www.skype.com/m but it does not seem to load completely and therefore I am not able to proceed further to download and install it. Any ideas

There is a skype version already available at the Nokia Ovi Store for your mobile phone. You can download it from this link - http://store.ovi.com/content/20924. With this app you can make free skype to skype calls and also instant message on 3G or Wifi. This will surely save money for you on calls and text messages abroad. You can freely use Skype in a Wifi zone. But you will need to take a mobile data connection and their charges may apply additional cost to you. So the best method would be to get an unlimited data plan.