Thread: Unlocking Microsoft Kin Two

Unlocking Microsoft Kin Two

I have bought this Microsoft Kin Two in the United States and now i am gonna roam to an India where i would like to use this phone. But for using it in india, I have to unlock it. So is there anybody who have unlocked the KIN? Or is there anybody who can tell that how to unlock KIN Two?

Re: Unlocking Microsoft Kin Two

As this phone has been just launched before some time so it would be bit hard to find out the procedure to unlock this phone but still i suggest you to take this phone to an India without any tension as you may show any mobile phone dealer to unlock this phone as they must be knowing that how to unlock this phone. But make sure that you take this phone to that dealer who has knowledge about it.

Though i am not so sure that you would be able to use this phone in different countries or not but you should try to unlock this phone in such a way so that all the types of GSM SIM cards works on it. You have to remove the SIM lock from this phone which lets you use any GSM SIM in your KIN Two so it is but obvious that you will be able to use any Indian SIM card as well.

I think the Microsoft Kin Two is a CDMA mobile phone which does not have slot for inserting the GSM SIM card so that you can have any network in this phone. So i think you wont be able to use the any other SIM card on your Microsoft phone. Still you must ask some dealer who sales KIN mobile phone as they must be having proper information about this phone.

I have provided the steps below by following which you can unlock your KIN Two but an only thing is that you must be knowing an unlocking code which you need to enter in order to unlock this phone. First put your GSM card in it which is not accepted by KIN and it would be asking for a unlock code and password so when you enter that unlock code & password then your phone gets unlocked.

It is best to get an unlocking code from KIN's dealer so that the unlocking code really works as there are many websites which claims that you will get an unlocking code but those codes does not seems to working many time. So if the unlock code which you have to took from the dealer does not works then you can complain about the same at his shop.