Thread: Nokia C5 slow Integrated GPS

Nokia C5 slow Integrated GPS

Recently i have got a gift and it was a Nokia C5 mobile phone . I used to go abroad frequently so i cannot afford to use GPS feature on this phone. Anyway, I just want to ask you guys that why this TimeToFirstFix works so slow but once it gets satellite then it updates quickly.

Re: Nokia C5 slow Integrated GPS

Actually the big time it takes initially is to find the network which is needed and it would be busy as there would be many users to access it. I think you there is nothing wrong with your phone in order to functions and etc. Still if you feel that it is working slow then you may check the same thing on some other phone so that you can confirm that your phone working slow or not.

I would suggest one small thing which is much effective as i have seen it on my nokia phone. Just like computer system, Phone also has RAM on which your phone's performance depends. And more your hard disk would be filled, more your computer works slow. So you should keep your phone memory as much as empty so that the operating system of your phone works fast and you get faster functioning.

Initializing the network on any device takes bit more time then to respond to it. This purpose depends on the codings written in an operating system to enable the connection. But even the fastest connection enabling process would be slow initially as it sends all the information about the device and IP and etc. But once connection have got enabled then it is just used for data so then size of data makes speed slow if it is a large data.

Amongst all the other things when your phone enables an A-GPS system then it has to send "ephemeris" data about the position of the satellite which helps your phone to speed up the GPS lock. And it works faster as all the main things about the position of the satellite is known by your phone.

I think you should call to the customer care of your network providing company as they are providing the GPS service on your phone. So they must be knowing if there would be any problem with the this service from their end. This problem could also come due to the excess of traffic on the same network.

First of all confirm that you are in a area where the GPS network is supported by your SIM card service. And there would be 10% support for the better speed. So you may call to the customer care number of your SIM so that they can provide an information about your area from where you are trying to access the GPS service.