Thread: NB300 11h Battery life

NB300 11h Battery life

Just purchased a brand new Toshiba NB300 while i started for the first time it showed me 11 hours of battery life remaining while the battery icon was almost full. After i recharged it for the first time Now the battery icons tells me that the battery life is only 6 hours even though it is fully charged. I think that i messed something.

Re: NB300 11h Battery life

Yeah if this is for the first time than i do not think that you have messed it up it is one of the common misconception for the laptops battery when you recharge the battery for the first time it will show the battery life correctly and hence ignore the 11 hour battery life popup and your battery life is only about 6 hours.

Surely many of us, buying a cell phone, gave us advice to make full loads, and return to recharge only when the computer is turned off, and without power. This suggestion is outdated and in keeping with the old batteries nickel cadmium (NiCad) that were used in the early mobile devices. Today, our teams have batteries that are almost all lithium (Li-Ion) , and the tips for nickel were not applied at all. They may even be harmful.

While notebooks with long battery life based on fuel cells or solar power are not a tangible reality and affordable, we have to settle for some simple tips to extend as far as possible the autonomy of the batteries in our laptops.
    • Display reduces the resolution, low brightness, reduce the color depth and off functions like Clear Type. Yes, according to your needs.
    • Disable options that do not use: Bluetooth and WiFi do not have to be always on if you're not using.

Note for the first time you will get the wrong reading like you have mentioned for the first time it shows about 11 hours of battery life and finally after you charge your laptop battery your actual battery life will be displayed which is 6 hours in your case. Hope that this will help you.

I would suggest you the following.
    • Pay attention to the hard drive: defragment the hard drive frequently and optimize virtual memory.
    • Startup Programs: not everything that is loaded when you boot the computer is necessary. Check it out, leaving only the essentials.
    • Battery Care: When you buy it, load it and download it to 100% at first but then do not let it download to 100%.