Thread: Toshiba Satellite L510 bluetooth switched ON automatically

Toshiba Satellite L510 bluetooth switched ON automatically

I have recently bought a new Toshiba Satellite L510-S407 and i am using windows XP operating system with the service pack 2 on this laptop. I think there is some problem with the hotkeys on this laptop as when i am trying to switch off my bluetooth by pressing Fn+F8 then it is not working. And if its gets OFF then also it gets ON automatically. What could be the problem here and i how do i solve it?

Re: Toshiba Satellite L510 bluetooth switched ON automatically

I think the problem seems to be with an operating system which you have installed on your laptop. Once you have installed an operating system which has a problem then you cannot back off from the problems which has in it. As the problem would be in the registry. I think you should install the same operating system but from some other source as it might happen that the CD from where you have installed this OS would be having problem.

I guess the problem should not be with an operating system as i have never seen any such problem because of an operating system and windows XP is the best one according all its features. Anyway, It might also happen that the problem would be with the Service pack which you have installed with the windows XP on your laptop.

There is a possibility of an infection on your windows XP system due to which your bluetooth on laptop would be getting enabled automatically. I think you should scan your whole computer system and then remove all the detected viruses out of your system. As there could be some virus which might be trying to spread infection by using the bluetooth on your system.

There could be some third party bluetooth application installed on your system which might be enabling the bluetooth automatically by some mean. Open task manager and then check that is there any process running on your computer which needs bluetooth. You have to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete for opening the Task Manager.

I have seen that this problem comes when you have installed both of bluetooth stack and bluetooth monitor. Actually you have to remove the bluetooth manager driver after which this problems gets waved off. If this solution also does not works for you then i guess you have to check about the bluetooth device on your phone.