Thread: Alienware m17x Wont Turn On Completely

Alienware m17x Wont Turn On Completely

Well, I was sitting on my computer gaming when my laptop started acting funny. I decided to turn it off and use my other computer for a bit, but to my surprise my laptop will no longer fully turn on. When I press the power button the laptop's keys light up, but the screen doesn't display anything and it will sit in that state forever. The weird thing about this problem is that the laptop will not turn back off if you try and hold in the power button, but will only turn off if you remove the battery manually from the back so there is no longer any power being supplied to it. Also, I found that if I unplug the battery and have only the AC Adaptor plugged in it ends up with the same results. I'm posting here to see if anyone has any ideas as to what my problem might be because I am completely clueless as to what could be causing my laptop to act up like this.

Re: Alienware m17x Wont Turn On Completely

This looks like some hardware fault in your laptop. Does this was working fine before. The best thing is contact the customer service. They try to troubleshoot your laptop online and hope then can give out some solution. As you cannot open the case, because replacing and cleaning the ram fixes the issue out. Contact the Dell customer care for better help.