Thread: Chinese Input (Pinyin) on Blackberry Tour 9630

Chinese Input (Pinyin) on Blackberry Tour 9630

I have unlocked an Blackberry Tour and i am using a Verizon on this mobile phone. I have inserted China Mobile SIM and i am using it in Shanghai. I want to install Chinese input method on this phone as i have got this phone with an english language by default. Can anybody tell me that where can i find a chinese language package to install on this phone.

Re: Chinese Input (Pinyin) on Blackberry Tour 9630

In order to get the chinese language on your blackberry phone you have to first need to download the latest Blackberry Desktop Software which you can get from an official website of Blackberry. But make sure that you are downloading the multilanguage version. Then there you have to select for the chinese language when selecting the language.

Once you have downloaded the Blackberry Desktop Software with the multilanguage version then please note that you have to uninstall an older version of the same software if it has been installed on your system. I guess you have to even remove all the third party application from your phone as well. Now go to the Control Panel and then select Add/Remove Programs where you can remove the programs but do not get confused the device software with the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

One thing should not be forgotten when you are using a multilanguage version of the Blackberry desktop manager on your computer system as there could be conflict because of the older version. Anyway one more thing is that you have to delete one file from your system named as vendor.xml which would be located in the c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader. If you are not able to find out this file then not to worry as you may continue.

Once you have connected your Blackberry smartphone with the computer system then launch Multilanguage version of Desktop manager which you must have downloaded recently. Desktop Manager will prompt you to upgrade where you have to select for the chinese language. Select the same language in the "Device Application Selection" and you are done.

If you have troubles with the previously mentioned method, please call Blackberry customer care support. If you are not capable to receive emails even after installation it the then it could be due to incompatibility with the Facebook application on your Blackberry device. Customer care executive would be helpful to you for backing up an emails and address book information, and reinstall the Blackberry Open Desktop Manager.