Thread: Blackberry Tour & Personal Hotspot PHS300

Blackberry Tour & Personal Hotspot PHS300

I want to ask a simple question as i am Blackberry Tour user. Actually i am having two WiFi hotspots out of which one is Cradlepoint PHS300 Personal WiFi Hotspot and another is Sprint Personal Hotspot PHS300S. Can anybody tell me that would i be able to use my blackberry with any of these hotspots or not?

Re: Blackberry Tour & Personal Hotspot PHS300

I think it is not possible with an operating system which has been used in blackberry smartphones. May be that will be useful in the next firmware update of Blackberry OS. But for this time, It wont be possible to have this kind of things along with your phone. So better luck next time.

Using the routers with your phone also depends on the mobile network card that you are using on your phone. I have seen it on some website that the Verizon network supports for the Personal Hotspots but still they have not mentioned all the phones which does not means that the mentioned unsupported phone cannot work with them, It is like that they have not checked them.

I think you have to confirm that your phone can work with the Hotspot or not for which you should directly go to the service center of the Network which you uses on your phone. It might happen that your phone can work with the broadband connection. So it would be happier news for you.

Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T networks have provided many phones that can be used as a modem. So you have to contact with the customer care executive of your network who can provide an information about your phone that is it capable of becoming a modem or not. If a phone is data-capable then it does not mean that it can be used as modem.

I suggest you to go to the customer care shop of your blackberry shop where you can confirm that you can use your phone as a modem or not. You can also search about the same on an internet but it wont be confirmed information unless and until you do not try using it with your modem.