Thread: VMware Fusion USB not visible

VMware Fusion USB not visible

I am having one issue with which i need to get rid. Actually i am running VMware Fusion on my Leopard machine. When i attach a USB to the leopard it is detected easily but when the same is attached to the VMware Fusion it is not detected by the same. So if any one is having knowledge then please let me know about the same. Thank you.

Re: VMware Fusion USB not visible

Which Operating System you are running under the VMware Fusion? If you are using the Windows then let me tell you that there might be problem with the Hardware which is not detecting the same. Just start the Windows and then plug your device and then go to the control panel and run the Add Hardware wizard and follow the instruction.

I think that the problem is with the mounting of the USB drive. If you have mounted the USB with the Mac OS then might be you are getting this problem. It is better to unmount the same from Mac OS and then mount it again with the Windows. So if you can then do the same and see whether it is working for you or not.

I will advise you to get into the plug the device of yours to the VMware Fusion and then go the device manager and see whether there is any yellow flag available on any of the device. If yes then your device is missing the driver for same. So if you can the install the driver for the same. So install the driver and you will work with the same.

The behavior which you are getting with the VMware is obvious. It can only detect the USB only with the one OS at a time and can not more then that. This is the reason by which you are unable to get the two OS working together. If you wanted to access it in both the OS then you have to share it with the standard network.

If you are not getting it work then you can shift the question to the official site of the Apple. The Apple forum is open source forum where you can get the proper replies regarding your problem. So if you can then contact the Apple on the Forum and see whether you are getting then proper replies with the problem of yours or not.

If you want you can also use the BootCamp instead of the VMware Fusion that performs the same task as you are getting with the VMware Fusion. The BootCamp will allow you to set the DUAL monitor on the device of yours that you are planing to set. So if you can then set the BootCamp and get rid of issue. To know more check this.
    Dual monitor on Macbook with boot camp