Thread: Toshiba Netbook 305 and Windows 7 System Image

Toshiba Netbook 305 and Windows 7 System Image

I have recently bought a new Toshiba Netbook 305 on which i am running windows 7 os. There is no optical drive so i am thinking to create a system image of my hard drive. I have managed to get 350 GB Toshiba external hard drive for storing an image. But when i am trying to save an image on this external drive then i am getting the message that an external drive is NOT formatted for NTFS but it is formatted as NTFS. How do i solve this problem now?

Re: Toshiba Netbook 305 and Windows 7 System Image

I think there would be some mistake have gone while formatting it as a NTFS. I think you should again try to format it for a NTFS partition which will be letting you to store an image of the data which you want to put on an external drive. I suggest you to follow the same procedure by which you have done it earlier.

I recommend you to use System recovery of windows os. System recovery options can help you repair Windows if a serious error occurs. To use system recovery options, you will need a Windows installation disc or access to the recovery options provided by your computer manufacturer. If you don't have either of those choices, you can create a system repair disc to access system recovery options.

If you want to create a System Repair Disc you have to follow the given steps.
    • Open Backup and Restore by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Backup and Restore.
    • In the left pane, click Create a system repair disc, and then follow the steps. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

If you are willing to use the system repair disc then please follow these steps.
    1. Insert the system repair disc into your CD or DVD drive.
    2. Restart your computer using the computer's power button.
    3. If prompted, press any key to start the computer from the system repair disc.
    4. If suppose your laptop does not have a settings for starting it from the CD ROM then you might have to make changes in BIOS settings.
    5. Go to the language settings and select as per your choice.
    6. Select a recovery option.