Thread: Blackberry curve 8900 no data plan HELP

Blackberry curve 8900 no data plan HELP

I have comprise and been looking approximately and cannot locate a straight reply to this query. On the T-Mobile website they say, "A Blackberry Data Service is necessary." additional than on checkout, without choosing a data plan it Permits me to buy the phone. T-mobile store reps have encompass and continuously told me that I must purchase a data plan service, and the phone is not sold without it, and would not work without it. Be able to somebody please clarify the entire of this for me.

Re: Blackberry curve 8900 no data plan HELP

You do not have to purchase a data plan, this determine to limit what you be able to do by means of your blackberry such as using no matter which that requirements data similar to BlackBerry messenger. You be supposed to be capable to get online using Wi-Fi in a hotspot location or via a router at your home. I am not going to provide you hard time for not searching, additional than this thread has a numeral of connections and additional information in sequence regarding working without a data plan.

Most recent month T-Mobile determined that in order for you to get the BlackBerry at a discounted price they would support financially there loss by requiring you to uphold or sustain a data plan for your contract term or you might forgo the data plan dedication and pay full retail for the phone. What a relief. I immediately cannot wait to get my hot diminutive hands on the 8900, trying out the keyboard the recent past, made me feel affection for; it's actually simple to utilize and tactile!

People here are normally overwhelming and patient by means of us newbie’s. Try searching and looking from side to side the stuff, particularly the 101 lectures. Believe it or not our questions are not only one of its kind diminutive snowflakes, additional than then the entire in excess of again most people here determine to reply query in Ernest and assist when they be able to. I work for T-mobile. Perceptibly the phone determine to work without a data plan additional than as of June 3rd we are not permitted to sell any blackberries without a data plan excluding for the pearl flip. I was in addition told a week ago that if wifi is used on the phone you would be charged for data additional than this has not been confirmed yet by myself for the reason that I have not worked by means of a manager in view of the fact that I was told.

The merely think I am worried regarding is that perhaps T-mobile might mechanically add the data plan to my phone without my knowledge, and utilize some law from the 17th century in opposition to me. There is no way a carrier is able to charge a customer for using date via WiFi on their apparatus. Give pleasure to quit saying things to scare people. The phone is able to even be used via a WiFi correlation by means of no SIM card in the apparatus.

Has anybody productively bought a Blackberry 8900 on T-Mo without a data plan. I was talking to a rep at the moment and he said, It's probable that T-Mo determine to mechanically add it used to be that you did not have comprise to get a data plan for a BlackBerry or several smartphone for that matter on T-Mobile. At present you do. So unless you purchase an 8900 at the retail price from T-Mobile which is a ripoff or purchase one from a third-party such as people on the CB BST section, you determine to have to get a data plan by means of the apparatus. So if you got the apparatus by means of a 1-year contract or a 2-year contract and got the subsidy, you have to have the data plan for the duration of the contract. That's the method it is at present.

It stinks yes additional than T-Mobile necessitates that you get the data plan for your berry. If you have it in mind to get the phone at a discount price and get the mail-in rebate, you necessitate the plan. You be able to always revolutionize your phone selection later to some dumbphone and then eliminate the data plan. T-Mobile cannot do no matter which when you do that. My friend does not have encompass a data plan and he actually desire bbm 5, is there any method he might get the most recent final (non leaked version or description) from desktop manager.