Thread: Blackberry 8330 Curve Media Manager not working...

Blackberry 8330 Curve Media Manager not working...

Hi all , I have just done the fresh installation of blackberry Desktop manager and when I got some problem to use this then I have done the reinstallation of the same which is running on Windows XP system,after making the reinstallation I can't use that properly . Actually , media manager is not detecting my device as well . I am unable to access device through the Windows either? Any suggestion would be feasible for me ?

Re: Blackberry 8330 Curve Media Manager not working...

This should not be happened. would you tell you have done the fresh installation of windows XP operating system also. Windows automatically detects the media manager. In case, if it is not detecting then you have to installation the proper requirement for this one software to run this properly. If you recently installed the windows Xp then you have to install whole drivers that always requires to run this proper . You require to install the Blackberry USB drivers for Windows first.

Fine , I finished the installation of the Blackberry USB and Modem drivers. Then also again installed the Desktop Manager. Both Version 4.6. Desktop Manager displays at the down side that my device is plugged . Media Manager still displys there is no such type of device is connected. If I move to My Computer, it does display up as a drive at that place , when I click on this ,it requires for the disc to be put into that.

Where now? Do I have to install the Blackberry_Device_Manager (DM4.6b13).msi? In oder to this, I have performed the installation of Version 4.3 on different Windows XP system with the same evaluation, so this should not be the problem of computer system.

There are only two questions which I need to ask to you :

Have you a memory card inside the Blackberry device ? to figure out that, move to the homescreen and then look at the options and then after search for "media card".
    When you plug the blackberry device (without using desktop manager), it shows a an external hard drive, an external memory card detector . If there is nothing as memory card then it will require for a disc to be put into the drive. Using Desktop manager (and without the media manager), are you able to take the backup of the Blackberry on your system ?

I am getting section for memory card and also stated as external hard drive. I am not running with the memory card installed now . I can take the backup of the blackberry and done the installation of latest applications such as games and all ,having desktop manager.

The issues is occurred as from the Roxio Media Manager. It is not detecting the blackberry as plugged properly . Therefore ,I am not getting any method to get the internal memory on the device except the email and images to your system.
    Have I received that fine ? Thanks for such wonderful suggestion.

I got the same problem with the functional section of Roxio Media Manager. It accomplished the installation successfully with the installation disc provided , but when the first automatic upgrade it has stalled on "gathering required information." It also make some bad impression on all other system operations, as it is consuming my CPU usage at 100%.

I am working with the Windows XP SP3. I am unable to even turn off or reboot the system in the proper way ..

When I click on the Media Manager onto my desktop manager, Roxio comes up and then after suddenly this message will come up "Runtime Error! Program C:\program files\roxio\media manager 9\mediamanager9.exe This program has requested the runtime to kill the same in an unusual method . You need to interact with the application's support and development team for fetching more information".

Any suggestion about the same and what I have to do now ? I have done the re-installation once already. Same error comes up again and again .