Thread: MacBook Pro screen resolution problem

MacBook Pro screen resolution problem

I am using Macbook Pro and i have found something different problem on this laptop. Actually when i am away from this laptop and it goes to the sleep mode, Now when i open it from the sleep mode then resolution jumps to a magnified level. But when i close the lid and waiting for some time solves this problem. This problem has been started since i have upgraded my Mac OS X.

Re: MacBook Pro screen resolution problem

I have seen this kind of problem on my macbook after upgrading the operating system of it. But this problem was not regular as it was happening once in a week. But i have seen that this problem gets solved on rebooting your laptop. But now from last 2 weeks, this problem have gone so i think even you should wait for this problem to wave off automatically.

This seems to be the problem with the resolution on your laptop for which i have provided a solution as follows. You have to keep pressed CONTROL OPTION P R and then wait until the third chime, now you may release the keys. Actually this procedure resets the PRAM which might be holding the resolution setting on reboot. I think this solution can solve the problem on your macbook.

This kind of problem could be appearing due to some settings in the System Preferences, I suggest you to go to the System Preferences and then select an Universal Access. Here you would have to turn off the Zoom which could be the problem behind this problem. So if it is ON then you should turn it off and then check that the same problem is there or not.

I think the problem would be with an upgrade to an operating system which you have done. I think you should reinstall an operating system on your macbook which would definitely solve this problem. You may install the an older version and then check that if there is any similar problem with the resolution and if not then upgrade an OS and check the same. If upgrade is causing such problems then i suggest you to use an older OS for some time as there would be some problematic with an upgrading file which is causing this problem.You may upgrade your OS after some days when apple solves this problem.

As the resolution gets normal after doing some tricks on your macbook, This would be a problem with an operating system as it wont be doing a normal activity on sleep mode and hence you get weird resolution when you open up your macbook. I suggest you to reinstall an operating system on your macbook and then check that the same problem is there or not.