Thread: Expandable Ram in MacBook A1181

Expandable Ram in MacBook A1181

I am using an Apple MacBook A1181 for which i am planning to increase the Ram capacity. It has a Core 2 and 2.1 Ghz. I would like to ask you guys that how much RAM is expandable in this macbook. Currently i am having 1Gb Ram and i would like to have some around 4Gb. Can anybody provide me some information about this question?

Re: Expandable Ram in MacBook A1181

I would like to ask you that when you have bought this laptop as all the new laptops of an apple has a capability of extending its memory up to 4 Gb but if your laptop is an older one then i guess you would be able to expand it up to only 2Gb. I think you should still confirm it from any computer shop about the same.

Best way to get to know that how much RAM is supported by your macbook is to go through the manual where they must have provided an information that how much RAM you can use with your model of macbook. If suppose you do not have manual with you then you can search for the same on an internet. And you can believe on manual as there wont be anything wrong printed on the manual.

Actually there are macbooks which can support for the memory up to 4 Gb of RAM but it all depends on the model of your macbook. As the model number which you have provided in this thread is not there on an official website of an apple. So i was not able to get an information about the same but i suggest you to go the dealer from where you have bought this laptop as they must be having proper information about the same.

Actually it depends on the version of which mac os x you have installed on your macbook and the motherboard used in it. Actually latest macbooks are supporting up to 8Gb ram but it is not the case with an older macs as some of them support up to 4Gb and some are only capable of extending it up to 2Gb.