3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Samsung Wave S8500

2 66.67%
  • Nokia N- 8

1 33.33%

Thread: Nokia N8 VS Samsung Wave

Nokia N8 VS Samsung Wave

Hi All,

These days samsungs has really gone farway (beyond future ) and has come up with really big but low at costs & many such deals for consumers... atleast they have made people to think beyond Nokia

If not all atleast i m abyss confused amongst Samsung Wave or N 8 which one should i buy.. following are my points or say criteria :-

1) I m not in hurry.. currently using Sony P1i (from last 1.9 yrs) no problem yet but would like to switch over new phone..
    2) Bada or Symbian (OVI) does not facinate me.. as i have no time to download applications available over Ovi stores or Bada (if they have really )
    3) 12 MP humm yes it does facinate me.. but 5 MP is enough for my requirement
    4) Battery Back is the most i m concern about
    5) Next to battery is the technology advancement (not sure if N8 wins or Wave)

There are many other points but i wont make it more dicey..

Appreciate if some expert over here can guide me on which phone is worth to buy and which not... To make it simpler can we have review on both phones or comparison done...desperate to know pros & cons for both phone when compared.. please help on this...
    Last edited by himanshumishra1983; 26-07-2010 at 02:48 PM.

Re: Nokia N8 VS Samsung Wave

Well, from what I have heard about the BADA OS, that comes in the new Samsung Mobile Phone, doesnt fascinates me much because it is still buggy, slow, low flash lite, signal drops at regular intervals and what not, as per the comments that I have heard from different users. But Nokia, on the other hand is the point of view here, since it is very successful in the niche market. Right now, I am using the Nokia E90 phone and I am very happy with it. In October when the Nokia N8 will lauch, then we will see how does it behave, till then I would just wait.

Both of them are quiet similar with respect to features and contains Audio Player, Video Player, Secondary Camera, Camera, Bluetooth, Speakerphone, Touchscreen, GPS, GPRS, FM Radio and 3G. But in my opinion the market for Nokia is going down recently in India and so would prefer Samsung Wave.

Quote Originally Posted by unidentified View Post
    Well, from what I have heard about the BADA OS, that comes in the new Samsung Mobile Phone, doesnt fascinates me much because it is still buggy, slow, low flash lite, signal drops at regular intervals and what not, as per the comments that I have heard from different users. But Nokia, on the other hand is the point of view here, since it is very successful in the niche market. Right now, I am using the Nokia E90 phone and I am very happy with it. In October when the Nokia N8 will lauch, then we will see how does it behave, till then I would just wait.
    Ohh!! but technical specs says it has 1ghz processor so should be be fast enough to process any touch requests & applications then N-8 as it has 680 MHz processor only .. Wave has 3d graphic accelerator as well.. it should not be the case actually.. regarding Bada, i already mentioned it does'nt facinate me nor i would be downloading any thing from Ovi stores too..
    Also u said its gona release in Oct2010 . is it true.. as many indian sites offers deal for N-8 its costing around 22000-24000 and has mentioned as released in July. hope it isnt grey market deals

I am looking more importantly on th multimedia aspects of both the phones. The Nokia N8 gives you 12 Mega pixel camera with Autofocus and flash camera support. While on the other hand the Samsung Ware gives you just 5 Mega pixel camera and the autofocus feature also here is limited. Autofocus is very useful feature which help to capture image in a better way.

Just thinking out of box for Samsung Wave , if we can see the output of HD video or pictures taken from 5MP camera or any HD movie in wave over my HD ready LCD TV.. like Nokia N-8 do..
    As Nokia N-8 is providing HDMI cable which will help in connecting with HDMI port & act as output ..also with Dolby digital sound.. which will enrich home theatre system...

any idea !!! if can do with Samsung Wave too...

I recently saw a sample video from here that shows how nice Wave TV out cable works on a LCD TV. It is a demo on game Asphalt 5, TV and phone connect via standart. However Samsung has not put HDMI out on its Samsung Wave Phone.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

sanddeepk Guest

Well, it all depends how long you are willing to wait i guess.
    N8 are here around September, while Wave with the best LCD possible is here within days litterly.
    If both devices was available today, i'd still choosen the Wave i guess, it all boils down to OS and look for me.

neiljhonson01 Guest

According to me samsung wave is the best touch screen samsung phone. Samsung Wave S8500 is the first touchscreen smartphone running the new bada operating system designed by Samsung, which was commercially released on June 1, 2010. The Wave is a slim touchscreen phone powered by Samsung's "Hummingbird" CPU , which includes 1 GHz ARM Cortex-8 CPU and a powerful built-in PowerVR SGX 540 graphics engine, "Super AMOLED" screen and 720p high-definition video capture capabilities. Check out here more on>>>