Thread: MacBook Pro DVI to HDMI

MacBook Pro DVI to HDMI

I want to connect a MacBook Pro on a recent Philips TV. For the image I use a DVI to HDMI cable and it works pretty well. I did not quite understand why we must use the F7 key to actually see what is on the Mac. By upgrading its cons, the Y cable (minijack to 2 coax red white) advised me that the seller does nothing. How do I turn off the screen of the macbook? And is it possible to shut down the running now? If you have already done this type of connection then please help me for MacBook Pro DVI to HDMI.

Re: MacBook Pro DVI to HDMI

I think that the sound is not it passed by the HDMI cable? It is true that for a cable HDMI to HDMI. In your case, DVI to HDMI. Perhaps only via USB, FW400 or FW800 or HDMI to this function completely. I do not know for the moment whether such interfaces exist. But you can search for the information, may be you find the solution for this.

I slide in my windows like VLC on the right and it pass on my TV. You can adjust the "positioning" of television per report to your screen. Monitors in the category of preferences and for doing thing you can use F7. I hope that this may resolve your problem. If you have any other problem then feel free to ask. I will try my best for resolving the issue.

I leave the sound jack directly to the speakers. My TV accepts as digital sound, and anyway when I use HDMI at that time I am not sure it agrees to take that thing elsewhere than on cable HDMI. Knowing that DVI does not sound channel, the yen has also not on Converter DVI to HDMI. If that solution does not help you then let me know about it. I will try to explain it in a better way.

If you want to turn off the screen of the MacBook. Then you can do this to turn off the laptop I heard of a manip of moving into the TV screen main (ie your menu bar will be on your TV rather than on the laptop, it is fait in preferences Monitors), and close the laptop. Sure, and I tested jms, I have yet to keyboard / mouse externally.

I have a MacBook Pro. I bought the "DVI to Video Adapter" (made by Apple) to view the screen of my Mac to my TV HD Ready 32 "(1366x768 resolution). I manage to have a picture, but it does not switch to full screen on my TV and besides it is not good. In addition to this, the resolution on my Mac becomes rotten! By cons, if I go to System Preferences> Displays and I untick "Copy video," then the resolution becomes good on my Mac (1440x900, I guess that's the max?) But on my TV, I paint for more than the paper on my desk that is displayed (more icons or anything) and ca not seem to me to be copied it to the top quality. Can you explain how I could do to have both the max resolution on my Mac and on my TV, so in full screen with good image quality? I suppose that is possible with equipment of this quality and this price.

There is no better than video input on your HDTV, VGA or HDMI kind? If you want to display in full resolution, it will use this type of connection. Beware, some LCD TVs have a DVI input but this is not for connecting a computer, it is necessary in this case using the VGA input of the TV (it does on some TVs, Samsung). I hope that you have understood the thing that I am trying to convey.