Thread: Xbox on Apple iMac

Xbox on Apple iMac

I have recently bought a new Apple iMac and i am having XBox from last 3 months. Actually something has happened to my television because of which i am gonna ask you guys that is it possible to play games from my XBox on my iMac? If yes then what i would be needing and how can i play on it?

Re: Xbox on Apple iMac

I guess it would be possible to connect your apple iMac with the Sony Xbox only if there is a TV input has been provided on your iMac. You have to use the same cord for connecting the xbox with the iMac which you must be using to connect with the TV. Suppose the port provided on iMac is different then your TV port then you have to buy a new connector for connecting your iMac with the Xbox.

I think an iMac is being provided with the mini-DVI port which you can use along with an external displays but there is no input port by using which you can view the external things on iMac's screen. You would be needing 3.5 mm line-in port for audio. So i think it wont be possible to have a XBox on your iMac. But still you must wait for some more replies as it might happen that there would be some kind of setting needed by which you may do it. If there would be any such technique then i am not familiar to it.

Apple iMac has been provided with the Mini DisplayPort video output which can be used for getting the the screen of your Apple iMac on different screens such as Television or projector. But there should be a port provided for Video IN which can be used to get the video of some different device on your Apple iMac. So i think there is no possibility of playing the Xbox games on your iMac.

I think the problem seems to be with the port. As if there would no port provided for inputting the display then how would your iMac will output that particular display on its screen. So in short i would be saying that it is not possible to play XBox on your iMac's screen.

I would be glad to use an iMac if apple provides a TV input on this tablet pc. As it would be much useful to have videos on this small screen computer system. But unluckily there is no such port provided, So we guys cannot use our gaming console on this tablet pc.