Thread: Adding games to the Pantech Link

Adding games to the Pantech Link

Does anyone know how to install games on the Pantech Link? I have TkFile Explorer and it doesn't connect although I may be doing something wrong. Does anyone know about this that could help?

Re: Adding games to the Pantech Link

I suppose the Pantech Link comes with few games and apps like: TextTwist 2, World Series of Poker, Ms. Pac-Man, Block Breaker Deluxe 2, PicDial, Tetris, FunScreenz, Mobile Banking, and MobiTV. However to install more games and apps you have to download more from store. Other way to install game on your phone might be to install Java Midlet Manager, google and download it. Once you have downloaded JBED extract it from the .zip file and copy and paste it into the My Documents folder on your phone. Run the .cab file like normal (if you dont understand this part look for information on installing cab files in windows mobile) after installing JBED it will show up in the start menu. Now you can start loading you phone with java games, they should be in .jar formats and if possible 240X320. Place them in the same folder you placed the JBED cab file (Moblie Phone/My Documents). Start JBED, once the application is loaded Click the right soft key, it will open a menu, click OK on install, then Local Files. The application will gather a list of .jar files present on the phone, once the list is complete select the game or application you wish to install and follow the on screen instructions.

Source: mymobileforums

Wow. Thanks for so much information! I understand about the jar and the jad files. The Java MIDlet Manager will connect to my phone, correct? Do you know if I need to update the java database and the apps database afterwards using a master key?

Quote Originally Posted by julieannjohn View Post
    Wow. Thanks for so much information! I understand about the jar and the jad files. The Java MIDlet Manager will connect to my phone, correct? Do you know if I need to update the java database and the apps database afterwards using a master key?
    Yeah it is possible to update the java database and the apps database afterwards using a master key on Pantech Link. But the masterkey is a code that am unable to retrieve hence unable to provide you the same as it could harm the device if it got wrong. For this purpose, i'll suggest you to do little search on Pantech Link community.

I see. Thank you very much. I've looked for forums on the Pantech link and the only ones I've found are this one, mymobileforums, howardforums and att-phones.org. Is there another Pantech Link community that I don't know about? Additionally, is it necessary to update those 2 things after installing the games? I know it is on the Samsung Impression.

I had tried some settings to run java games in m smart phone. For that the first thing which is needed is Java Midlet. It is also called as Java Midlet Manager. You will need to download and extrack JBED. Then run the .cab file and install the same. After that it is possible to load Java games.

I did exactly what you said but my Pantech Link P7040 stated that .cab and .jar files are not supported format. There are no Start or My document on my phone. I placed it in Other Files.