Thread: MacBook Pro - Screen display problems with flickering horizontal lines

MacBook Pro - Screen display problems with flickering horizontal lines

I have a Macbook Pro 15 inch which I had purchased in November. I got a screen flicker problem on my system and I found that this might be a hardware problem in the monitor. I am trying to communicate to Applecare. The Customer Service is not responding on the same. I tried to change the cable for my second monitor but nothing works here. Does there is any other option to fix this.

Re: MacBook Pro - Screen display problems with flickering horizontal lines

Your system is under guarantee and you must show that to applecare and you might get the replacement. Better you must show the same to apple and that works well there. You must try to look for some online solution for the same. Usually if there another cable purchased form Apple then that is much recommended. There are some standards which the monitor supports.

I called apple customer service, and as I thought they made me go through lots of unnecessary settings. Like resetting the firmware and even reinstalling the OS. Obviously, it takes so long time to reinstalled the operating system. It is a hardware problem and for that you might need a replacement. Send the laptop back to service center for repair and then check back again.

If the screen is flickering then you can play with some video settings and see that it works or not. Or else there is nothing much you can do here. Go to System Preferences > Displays and then adjust the option there automatically. It is possible to adjust brightness to ambient light there. If that works well then fine or else your system screen needs a replacement there.

I am also having the same issue and my screen just goes black. I had read lots of solution for the same but nothing gave me good result. It seems that the problem is in the operating system which is fixed by re-installing and if not then there is a hard ware issue. Try to run a battery update for your system and then check the frequency of power consumed. Reset the SMC which seems to temporarily solve the problem.

I also encountered the same problem which took a long time to clear out. There is no software issue in that. I had tested all the software and settings in display which help out nothing. I had even sent the machine to the apple service center. and I got the same back. They said they do not found any issue in that. But later on they changed out some cables inside the laptop and now it is working.

There is an extended warranty with Apple Care and that can be activated by phone support. I had by default extended to 3 years and that made my system much more secure. It is the best way you can sent the same to repair. If you talk on phone they might just give you some troubleshooting help and nothing works there. Sending the same to the repair center will give you intact results.