Thread: Telus BlackBerry Curve 8330 BlackBerry Maps issue

Telus BlackBerry Curve 8330 BlackBerry Maps issue

Well it is tranquil intermittent for me. And that's without Telus Navigator. Fortunately, I am one of those people that have comprise and talked to Telus and managed to get Telus Navigator free for 3 months, by means of the alternative to renovate that complimentary subscription if neither Telus nor RIM release a patch or OS improvement. And judging by how quiet this tribulation has become. I am absolutely not expecting a patch anytime soon. I am hoping the release of 4.5 for CDMA phones determine to be almost immediately and the telus version or description determine to have a fix.

Re: Telus BlackBerry Curve 8330 BlackBerry Maps issue

There was a position from RIM (in conclusion) where they explained what was going on by means of this tribulations (bug has been resolved, a patch determine to be obtainable for together 4.3 and 4.5, and determine to be obtainable depending on carrier roll-out schedules - the merely thing holding it back is roll-out schedules - the bugs be able to no longer be replicated by means of GPS on CDMA). "The message you are trying to have right of entry has been deleted. Please bring up to date your bookmarks." Does anybody be familiar with what occurred to this message. Does anybody have the full text of the original. Why is RIM leaving us in the dark the entire in excess of again subsequent to in conclusion doing the right thing and communicating.

I came here subsequent to a couple days of aggravation in trying to get the GPS to run on a number of the GPS type apps (similar to GPSed and GPS Tracker) that I downloaded from the app accumulate. I immediately might not get them to work at the entire on my Blackberry Curve 8330. I too am on Telus. Subsequent to going from side to side the entire of the posts here looking for an answer to my aggravation, somebody mentioned BlackBerry Maps in one of their posts. I originate it on my apparatus and started fiddling by means of the "Maps" program and I noticed in the menu it has a "Start GPS Navigation" alternative. I selected that and the entire of a sudden I have 7 Satellites found and at present the entire the additional programs are working as well.

I would immediately similar to say that I have encompass a Telus PCS CDMA Curve 8330 in Ontario. I originate this thread from side to side Goggling and I have comprise been having the similar symptoms as people on top of. I tried a small number of things Reloading OS. Clearing accumulation, downgrading and upgrading, switching to home simply. I had used three or four apps, Google Maps, TeleNav, BBMaps and GPSed they the entire unsuccessful no matter what I did (searching for satallights) approximating it would not run no matter what. I called Telus and told them to triple create certain the whole thing on their end, create certain no blocks were in place, that I had the right plans, etc. I am in addition a Corperate Account by means of them. They said the whole thing looks OK and I be supposed to be working and that they are not sure what the tribulations.

I was regarding ready to call it quits until I had a consideration. I downloaded the Telus Navigator which you be able to try for 30 days then you are wedged by means of a 10 mo/fee no substance what unless you call (I am going to the entire them in 25 days and cancel that) and that permanent it. As almost immediately as I downloaded, reset the apparatus and ran Navigator once and searched my location it worked. The entire the additional apps followed suit. Google maps and the whole thing were capable to get a lock within 10-15 seconds. It's extremely obvious what's going on here, Telus is blocking the entire applications that is not there’s to force you to use the navigator. I am not certain how legal what they are doing is additional than I am definitely going to be contacting the CRTC and seeing what they have to say regarding that. RIM obvsouly is going to remain silent, they determine to desire to get nowhere near their name on this and they obviously do not desire to have Telus mad at them or any sort of lawsuit filed against them. I have not tried uninstalling and seeing if my GPS works or calling to cancel additional than I am willing to bet as almost immediately as I do it determine to stop working.

First thing is to read your contract by means of Telus and observe if they have encompass written somewhere that they are not permitted to block characteristics presented by your mobile phone apparatus. I do not actually observe why they would not have encompassed the right to do that. It's extremely unethical of them to block several applications that are not theirs that uses characteristics that are advertised as "being free" as long as your apparatus hold up or maintain it. Additionally, you and I together be familiar with full well most people determine to not take the time to look approximately for alternative GPS applications beside seeing "Download GPS Navigator" on the home screen, blocking the whole thing additional than that to create certain they are lured into an additional and unnecessary service charge cash grab is disgusting. Perhaps not illegal additional than certainly frowned upon and I determine to make a big stink regarding it.

I had spoken to an extremely forward rep at telus, who read me an internal memo, of which I cannot recall the entire of it, in view of the fact that it has been a small number of months when he told me regarding this. Fundamentally what telus did was turned off the AGPS ( Assisted GPS) in which BlackBerry uses the cell tower ID to position the general area where the BlackBerry is, and the be familiar with GPS of the tower locations, They put out of action this characteristic knowing that it would cause this tribulations. The rep was having the similar tribulations on his BlackBerry, and looked into the tribulations where he came across the internal memo. I have comprise the storm by means of BlackBerry maps running at present, and Google determine to not work, except you switch the phone to GSM mode, then it works, and you be able to switch it back to EVDO/CDMA and Google keeps a GPS lock. It does loose the signal, not certain what causes it, additional than it seems as if it does this subsequent to you create a phone call.