Thread: Blackberry 8330 Curve + VPN Cisco

Blackberry 8330 Curve + VPN Cisco

I have two questions only and need to discuss with you all.

1- Can I be with the Cisco VPN on a BlackBerry Curve 8330 to perform the synchronization of Outlook 2003 ?
    2- The method to perform synchronize of the BlackBerry to outlook 2003?

I haven't blackberry right now . Personally, I don't have any have any idea about the technology of blackberry. I didn't got the blackberry before and have recently have purchased .

Thank you

Re: Blackberry 8330 Curve + VPN Cisco

I have recently bought a Blackberry Curve 8330 and now I am in stuck going to do the syncing of my emails to Outlook 2003. I have finished the installation of Desktop Manager and it goes successfully without any issues , and the contacts, tasks and calender sync also well.

However, I don't have any option to go for the syncing of my email without using exchange, rather two pop3 email accounts. The emails dispatches and get properly on the blackberry. Any advice to do it in proper way ; So that my sent contents are "sent" to my outlook?

I am back with the same issue again . I would like to be sure about the procedure about synchronization of my BB Curve 8330 with the Outlook 2003 ? I wanted to ask that can the blackberry synchronization be performed in the direct method on the server of my organization or should we move ahead through a local computer system who himself is connected with the server with the help of VPN technique ?

Thank you very much

If you really wanted to go through the synchronization of your device with the outlook then you have to go through the following ?

Step #1
    Plug you device to the Desktop Manager in your computer system. If you device is configured as wireless sync then you have to then switched off the wireless synchronization. For doing so you have to move for the Address Book => click Menu => Options => Wireless Synchronization: No => click on the Menu and the after save the changes that you made .

Step #2
    Click on the Synchronize button placed on your Desktop Manager => Click on the Configuration Tab and then click on Configure Synchronization => Click on Choose within the Address Book => Click on the organizer apps (just , outlook, Lotus notes and much more ) -> choose any type of application -> choose Synchronization radio button and the click on the OK button =>click on Synchronize Now

I was also having same problem , I was not running with the option as Outlook (only ASCII and Yahoo). The below method present that shows how I did to have Outlook appear in the list as an option to sync to...

1. Opened the Command Prompt from Start Menu and select Run as Administrator
    2. Moved to the following location as C:\Program Files\Research in Motion\Blackberry\IS71 Connectors\MS Outlook Connector by typing: c:\> cd program files\research in motion\blackberry\is71 connectors\ms outlook connector

3. Then type in the command prompt, type: regsvr32 MsOutlookConnector.fil

4. If the registration finished proeprly , the below suggested message would be shown llRegisterSErver in msoutlookconnector.fil succeeded.
    5. Exit and open the Blackberry Desktop Manager to do the synchronization procedure one more time and Outlook will be in the list...

If you are getting the error message as DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005 - the you are not operating the procedure as a Admin privileges. So, it's necessary for you to launch the command prompt as admin user .

I was running with the exact same problem as you discussed about this , did what you stated, had a proper and clean installation but still no Outlook available working when I move to configure up my device for synchronization. Do you all have any some other ways through which I can solve this problem ? Thanks