Thread: New BlackBerry Curve 8330 (Verizon) - Upgrade OS

New BlackBerry Curve 8330 (Verizon) - Upgrade OS

I still do not recognize how to get it on my phone. In addition, is it superior than 4.3 (I am certain) and what are the differences connecting the two. The OS 4.5 has html email, updated BlackBerry browser, docs to go, and a small number of additional diminutive things. I have comprise a quick demand. When somebody gets this working, might I observe a snapshot of what the screens look similar to. I be familiar with the styles typically modify a bit, and I was wondering what it looks similar to. My friend has an 8330, and I am a storm owner. I immediately desire to observe if he be supposed to do it.

Re: New BlackBerry Curve 8330 (Verizon) - Upgrade OS

I am downloading at present, and determine to endeavor to install it even though my 8330 is not energetic. I am a Storm user by means of a Curve as my backup. Not certain what I determine to be capable to locate out without activating it. I determine to be installing this when I get home. Thankfully the merely apps I actually utilize are from the blackberry app store and you do not lose those on an OS re-install. Absolutely been waiting for this. Be supposed to have comprise it installed soon. I am so excited, even though I am not adventurous sufficient to try it, I determine to wait for a number of additional post here and perhaps install it. Or presently wait for the official release.

Subsequent to numerous people working with into upgrading and downgrading tribulations and losing their data in the procedure, I determined to work together a number of my ideas into a straightforward, straight-forward process. I anticipate this thread determine to be capable to support and aid anybody who is looking to upgrade or downgrade their OS on their BlackBerry! This procedure is not completely necessary, you do not have encompass to follow this procedure. Additional than I feel it gives a cleaner install at the same time as tranquil preserving third party applications and data once the entire in excess of again, you do not have comprise to follow this procedure, additional than I have always had good luck and I highly suggested.

It is the fundamental Procedure (Beginners). For this you have to backup Phone in Desktop Manager. Then you have to unplug phone and close Desktop Manager. After that you have to install innovative OS .exe file. After doing that you have to plug phone back into system and let drivers install. Then you have to launch Desktop Manager and continue by means of update of OS. Create certain you pick Backup Data and Apps (containing Messages) during the backup. Do not under several situations unplug the phone or utilize the system at the same time as the update is in progress. Do not let screen saver kick in moreover. At the end you have to unplug and utilize phone simply once the upgrade process states that it's finished by the Desktop Manager update software on the screen.

I powerfully advise not attempting this process (or several upgrade procedures) if you are not absolutely comfortable by means of your BlackBerry apparatus and the upgrade process as a complete. Following this direct determine to approximately positively result in a non-functioning apparatus if the procedure is not totally understood. Please take the time to make acquainted yourself by means of your BlackBerry, Desktop Manager and the general upgrade process previous to attempting. Beginners and advanced users comparable run into issues when upgrading, the dissimilarity knows how to assist you out of these problems.

In the desktop manager you have to take the backup of your device. If you are using the third party applications then you can also take the backup of that to. After that you have to download the desired device OS (from whatever your source might be and create certain the OS is for your unambiguous device.). Uninstall the entire prior OSes from your system (then you have to go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Uninstall Prior OS versions.). If you are downgrading then you necessitate to create certain the entire OSes newer than the one you are rolling back to are detached. Might it may help you.

There are numerous variations to this install procedure and a number of steps are not compulsory particularly, you might not necessitate to uninstall the entire of the previous OS versions, additional than if you do please create certain you have comprise the original OS .exe (install file) in case you necessitate to roll back. (Memory Optimization) is in addition not required, additional than is highly suggested! To aid by means of the install procedure, I highly suggest downloading and using CrackMem or CrackUtil. Maybe I am missing something here, additional than the entire that be supposed to be required is that you create certain to make sure you have comprise the previous OS loaded on your system and if not, that you load it subsequent to uninstalling the most recent that you tried and did not similar to. Once that's completed, the entire you do is run Application Loader and it determine to notify you that it originate an older OS on the system then on the handheld and ask you if you desire to downgrade. If you reply "Yes" then the OS load procedure is exactly the similar as when you upgrade, excluding the phone is rolled back to whatever older OS is loaded. The backup/restore process that the Application Loader does is accurately the similar as it does during an upgrade and it determine to grab the entire user data and third party app.