Thread: Can I use my Film SLR lense on Digital SLR

Can I use my Film SLR lense on Digital SLR

It is always being a confusion that which SLR to choose from and now filming SLR also have a broader view. The transfer of high-end devices has begun and now in the market everyday new devices are provided. I am hereby want some suggestion on that first which SLR should I go for. And does I am use my Film SLR lenses on Digital SLR. Is that possible and how.

Re: Can I use my Film SLR lense on Digital SLR

That can be as per the camera you are using and as per the customization option you got there. LRs are devices that use a mirror to send the image on a frosted glass, which is used to estimate the sharpness of the image. Usually this are single-lens reflexes that carries images to your camera. So first of the question is bit doubtful and rather not easy to confirm that it will work or not.

Have you heard about Olympus. It is a new device which comes with interchangeable lenses. Technically close to compact or bridges but with large sensors (the same as the Olympus SLR) and, logically it is also possible to change lenses as needed. Then interchangeable lenses are provided to optimize the optical function of the shot. You can go for list of cameras for the same.

You know that a larger sensor captures more light and on the other hand the same allows you to frame equal. This gives you option to play more freely on the depth of field and then you can take a portrait with blurred background to better highlight a face. This plays a vital role in the choice of SLR you are using. Go for some new devices right now. I think that can degrade the quality of your images.

The problem with large sensors is that you can get a much better view from that. They must indeed be used to measure the performance. If a sensor is about 4 millimeters in height and 5.5 mm in width then it is possible to make a wide angle lens, with a very big zoom that is around 20x in the case of some bridges, 10x on CD. But it must also not too bulky or too heavy as it is hard to fine case for a sensor of 15 mm x 23 mm.

You can put your Film SLR on Digital but that too must have a equivalent model. Or else you might get hard to set the adjustments. And it really not worth to use the same as the quality which you expect will not be provided. Instead of that better go for large sensors for a much high detailed pictures. Digital cameras with interchangeable lenses were represented only by reflex. But on the other hand there are expensive semi-professional SLR and complicated to use.

Digital SLR aims to give you the maximum quality you want on your pictures. The interchangeable lenses plays a major role in getting you the right effect. But also the prices cost for the same keeps on increasing. I am using Panasonic G1 which is exactly the same as compact automation and comes with Intelligent Auto that allows you to the focus exclusively on the framing and shooting and adopt the settings for appropriate scene.