Thread: GPRS Settings on Blackberry Curve 8310

GPRS Settings on Blackberry Curve 8310

I have got this Blackberry Curve 8310 as gift from my brother and it was unlocked from the beginning. But now i am looking forward to use this phone in an Ireland as i am moving there soon. I want to know that how do i configure GPRS setting on this phone manually? I would be using Meteor's SIM card in this phone when i will reach there. So please help me to manually configure GPRS on my phone.

Re: GPRS Settings on Blackberry Curve 8310

When you will reach in an Ireland and as soon as you insert the Meteor SIM card in your Blackberry Curve, You have to call the customer care of meteor and ask them to send the GPRS settings on your phone. This procedure would be easiest to enable GPRS on your phone. You does not have to do anything except accepting the settings on your phone.

In order to use Internet on your Blackberry curve, you have to subscribe for BlackBerry data plan for your phone. Unlike others BlackBerry cannot work with an internet features only with the GPRS setting can be put in place. BlackBerry device work with a particular APN called blackberry.net which must be assigned by your carrier in your Meteor SIM card.

Go to an Options on your Blackberry Curve 8310 and then go to the TCP if your phone does not have BlackBerryOS older then the 3.8. Provide an APN there and then if you do not have any username or password then leave it blank. You have to ignore the Gateway IP address. Acronym for APN is "Access Point Name" and once you are done with the saving an APN information then you have to reboot your cell phone.

Once you have setup the GPRS settings on your blackberry phone then you would be able to do the following things after running BES.
    • Instant Messaging, AIM, ICQ, MSN (Verichat, WebMessenger, BerryVine, IM+, etc.)
    • Full HTML web browsing
    • Reqwireless, BlackBerry Browser, etc.
    • IRC chatting (virca, wlirc, etc.)
    • telnet/ssh Idokorro, etc.