Thread: Maximum memory supported by Blackberry Curve 8310

Maximum memory supported by Blackberry Curve 8310

I am using a Blackberry Curve 8310 and i want to buy a memory card for this mobile phone. But the small problem is that i am not aware about this phone's capacity to load memory. Can anybody tell me how much memory has been supported by this phone and what would be the cost for maximum memory support?

Re: Maximum memory supported by Blackberry Curve 8310

Actually the limit of the memory support for the Blackberry Mobile phones depends on the version of an operating system installed on it. If your Blackberry Curve 8310 has 4.2.0 version of operating system then it would be supporting for the memory card up to 2Gb and if the version is 4.2.1 or 4.2.1 then the it would be supporting up to the 4Gb memory card. 8Gb of memory card is supported by the 4.3.0 version of Blackberry operating system.

No need to get confused for buying the memory for your Blackberry phone as i have one idea by which you can confirm that how much memory has been supported by your phone. When you go to the shop for buying the memory then just try putting the 8 GB memory card, If it supports then you may buy it and similarly you can check about the other size of memory cards.

Buying the 2GB memory card has no mean in this time of high speed internet world. Actually 2GB memory just not enough to have music, videos, documents, and games all together on the phone which supports all those four types of an entertainments. So i think you should not buy a 2GB memory card for your Blackberry, Instead of buying the memory card as per the version of your blackberry software, I suggest you to upgrade the version of your phone's software so that you can have at least 4GB memory on your phone.

If you are not able to find that which version of blackberry OS has been installed on your blackberry phone then i recommend you to go to an Options. Where you would be having an option as About where they must have provided every information about your phone's software and version etc etc. It shows 'BlackBerry 8310 smartphone(EDGE) v4.2.2.170' on my phone. Check whats there on your phone.

This kind questions are known as Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) so they must be there in the manual. So i would be suggesting you to go through the whole manual of your blackberry phone where you would can get an information about maximum expandable memory for your blackberry Curve 8310.