Thread: New iMac Wireless Connection is Extremely Slow

New iMac Wireless Connection is Extremely Slow

I think new iMac Wireless Connection is Extremely Slow, currently I am using dialup right now. My iMac is extremely fast but the internet connection is very slow. This was not the problem when I was using my three year Dell laptop. I am really confused whether this problem is of my iMac or the wireless connection I am using. For your information Belkin N1 wireless router.

Re: New iMac Wireless Connection is Extremely Slow

The problem is not with you iMac, actually the thing is that you need to configure the network. Go to system and then preferences and the clicking on the network. You just need make sure that you have done the setup correctly. If you are using any other browser, other than Safari then just drop that, because other than safari no other browser can provide you the quality internet connection.

I am also facing similar problem. I bought an iMac it works with Leopard. But when I go on the Internet, either with safari or firefox is very slow. It crashes, it starts again, it is very uneven. I am currently using high speed fiber optics. The problem is not the Internet connection, since I have an old iMac of 2000 running OSx 10.2, which is much faster, and it is plugged into the same connection. I am very disappointed Mac for the first time.

"Weird, measurements indicate the opposite of what you notice: the bandwidth is almost 3 times higher with the new iMac with the old. If the problem is present since your purchase, then your new iMac is misconfigured. If the problem appeared then try to re initialization Safari menu Safari / Reset. If the problem ESR recent and you have nothing changed (no new software, no config changes), then, mystery One last thing: maybe it is a DNS issue. Check that you put the same on both Mac. This happens in System Preferences / Network: click in the left column on "Integrated Ethernet" and check the field "DNS Server". Normally there are those of your ISP, but you can put in more.

I had exactly the same problem. Solved by going to: System Preferences / Network, choose Ethernet and empty fields dns if you are using DHCP so that it is those who come through your ISP. In my case, I often work in Datacenter, once I configure my network by hand the data center, since I did my dns server applications in the datacenter: Being newbie with MacOSX, it is not like windows when moving Configuration Handbook Auto configuration (DHCP). Windows automatically changes the fields for DNS servers automatically keeps MacOSX servers.

Would you have enabled firewalls (the Mac OS X or others), sniffers (Little Snitch) on the new iMac? Try to compare the two configurations in System Preferences / Network and System Preferences / Sharing. To determine whether the problem is: The new iMac (bad config problem or Ethernet). Port Ethernet modem (one Ethernet port is tired). Ethernet cable (cable too long, poor quality, faulty connector). Stops all applications on the Mac and launch only two Safari. Then do the following manip and tests each time down the effective bandwidth of your internet access from each of the Mac.

I did the speedtest test on two computers, this is what happens. My old imac = 2000 bandwidth: 1729.432Kbps (IP 216.17 KB / sec ATM 270.22 KB / sec). My new imac bandwidth: 4402.938Kbps (IP: 550.37 KB / sec ATM: 687.96 KB / sec). I remember my old iMac does not block. I forgot to say that when safari or firefox crashes with my new iMac, I click incessantly on the button (reloading the current page) and it accelerates the release.