Thread: Blackberry Storm 9500 screen keeps going black and pixelated when touched

Blackberry Storm 9500 screen keeps going black and pixelated when touched

I have Blackberry Storm 9500 and the screen of this phone keeps on freezing and then when i touch screen then it becomes pixelated. I do not know what is the problem with this phone but it is only 4 months older. Screen is blank and it does not show anything. What could be the problem with my phone.

Re: Blackberry Storm 9500 screen keeps going black and pixelated when touched

This seems to be the problem regarding the hardware itself. I think your blackberry screen has been damaged by some reason which must not be water. As if it has been damaged by the water then you wont be able to use the warranty of your phone as water damages are not under warranty. I suggest you to directly go to the from where you have bought this phone.

It might happen that there would be some kind of problem with the firmware of your blackberry storm. I do not know that where could be the problem but you can solve it by reinstalling the whole new operating system on your phone. Once you have reinstalled the operating system then it becomes as new phone but would be having all the default settings.

This could not be anything related to the settings on your phone as screen wil not become blank when you are tap on your phone. I think there would be some problematic with an internal connections of your phone's screen with the motherboard due to which your screen responds but does not show the content clearly.

There are more possibilities of problem with an operating system instead of having anything wrong with the screen itself as it is pixelating when you touch on it which means that there is something displaying on the screen but as there are no support from an operating system, Screen is not able to show anything.

This seems to be the loose internal connection with your phone's screen and the motherboard due to which your phone's screen is not able to view the desktop properly. Anyway, I suggest you not to open phone on your own as it would void your phone's warranty if it is under warranty period. I think you should give a check for your phone from an engineer to solve this problem.

There could be a problem with the screen itself as your screen is just not able to view anything on it. Once your screen gets damaged then there are no chances of repairing it as you have to get a new screen for your phone. But for confirming about the screen problem, I suggest you to go to the mobile repairing store and give a check to your phone about the same.