Thread: PowerBook enabling audio in safe mode

PowerBook enabling audio in safe mode

Recently my PowerBook G4 is experiencing a big problem. The problem is that I am not able to start this in normal mode I have to start this thing only in safe. I know the solution for this problem but this is that I will require startup disk for that purpose and that disc is at home and I am on business tour, so it is out of my reach. There is no problem working in safe mode except sound is not coming and need the solution for that. Any related suggestion for this PowerBook enabling audio in safe mode will be appreciated.

Re: PowerBook enabling audio in safe mode

I understand your problem I am also under the same situation; I am also running my system in safe mode. The only method through which you can enable the sound in safe mode is by using external sound card. The drivers for this sound card will not be displayed in the system preferences but for that you can use an application that is name as Soundflower. You can search for that application on net. One more thing it will work if you are using USB sound card.

This is bin overnight rain I could not read music and I was told that there is no audio device! I managed to find my card is realtek a3.92 WHQL. I really need help please because I do not know how, it happened to me also on my other computer but when I format them as I had no time I let them aside. And now is the computer of my parents. So I have two problems to deal with (fortunately it's the same problem) I hope someone can answer me. Thank you very much!

A3.92 then not a sound card but the name of the driver in realtek audio (the driver is the program that allows a peripheral, audio in this case, contact the operating system and other programs). If you're sure your card is a realtek AC'97 (that's his nickname), you can download the driver depending on your OS. The limit you can install the driver in the first, if it works fine, if it does not work, no big deal, post the report, notify and it does not format a bp driver is a mess, the format should be the ultimate solution to a pb which was exhausted all the possible answers!

This is what gives with everest for my card "Sound Card Intel 82801AA I / O Controller Hub - AC'97 Audio Adapter [B-1], then I wait till it to finish downloading. This one does not work: "Windows 98Gold/98se/Me/2000/XP/2003 (32/64 bits) for Driver only. For Windows 98 SE, DirectX (R) 8 IS required to enable advanced features. (Executive file) "When I finished the record and that I installed in the computer it stops and they tell me that setup.exe encountered a problem and needs to close. I really have no chance, it must be even more complicated!

It looks so sure it works! the link you gave me there is one like I told you it marched, and I took another had the same name and there it works except for the ARP facility they told me that the software I downloaded did not pass the test to get the windows logo and checking its compatibility! I then began to proceed anyway and then my computer is out and when I wanted normal mode I switch it off it's so open it in safe mode I retry to install the software except instead of continuing my mid stop the installation. I shut down the computer and I was able to rekindle Normal and walked again! Anyway thank you very much for helping me.