Thread: MacBook Pro Turn off auto dimming?

MacBook Pro Turn off auto dimming?

I have recently bought my MacBook Pro and learning to use this, it is clear that I am a novice user to the environment of MacBook Pro. I am facing a small problem while using this MacBook Pro. I want to turn off auto dimming when I plug in MacBook Pro. But I need this feature ON when I am working on battery mode, since it improves the battery life considerably. Any related reply for this MacBook Pro Turn off auto dimming will be appreciated

Re: MacBook Pro Turn off auto dimming?

Well the answer for this is really simple you just need to go to System Preferences and then to Energy saver, and then you have to click on the Options and then uncheck “Automatically reduce the brightness of the display before display sleep". This will Turn off auto dimming feature of the MacBook Pro that you are using. If you have any other problem then feel free to ask about it.

Thanks for that reply that you have given but the problem is that I am not having the “sleep” or the option listed on the MacBook Pro that I am using. Is this is a some kind of fault with my MacBook Pro. If this is fault then how can resolve this issue. I really hate this dimming thing on my MacBook Pro, this is really annoying. If you have any other suggestions then please reply.

I am also facing this similar problem. After reading the reply I tried to find the option for “Automatically reduce the brightness of the display before display sleep" but I am not able to find any related option like this. The options that are listed in the energy saver setting are “Batter”, “restore to defaults”, “power adapter” and the option for “schedule”. Where can I find the option that you have suggested? I will be waiting for you reply.

Amazing you are not having the option for the power settings, you have listed all the option that are given on your MacBook Pro. Try to search that thing in all that options, I am sure that you will find it. Well if you can provide more details related to your MacBook Pro, I mean which MacBook Pro you are using. The operating system installed on your MacBook Pro. Then I can try to provide you a better answer for your problem.

I will suggest you to get Caffeine for your MacBook Pro using this thing you can turn off dimming whenever you want. This is tiny program that is place an icon at the right side of the menu bar. This prevents you mac from involuntarily going to sleep mode or dimming the screen. You can also use this for stopping the starting of screen saver. You just need to click on it and you will provided with the option that you need.

I just don’t understand that why I need to download any other application for the thing that is already provided in the operating system. It can simple be done by just handling the energy saver settings. Just go to Energy saving option just check or uncheck the option that you need or do not need. I have done the settings and my MacBook Pro the way I want; I mean dims when on the battery mode and does not dims when on power mode.