Thread: iMac Mouse wheel doesn't scroll a page up

iMac Mouse wheel doesn't scroll a page up

A weird issue has struck my system. The iMac Mouse wheel doesn't scroll a page up. I can scroll it downwards and the page scrolls normally. But, when I try it upwards, nothing happens. I am not able to understand why this is happening. I have checked out the system preferences and the settings are fine there.

I require the assistance of you people to fix this issue that I am facing. Thanks for any help in advance.

Re: iMac Mouse wheel doesn't scroll a page up

I hope that you are using an Apple compatible mouse. If now, then the iMac Mouse wheel doesn't scroll a page up because of an incompatibility problem. There is no need to worry in such a case. Simply switch to an Apple compatible mouse and I can assure you that you problem will be solved. Just let me know if you face the same issue with the Apple mouse also.

I have not changed the mouse till now. It is the same that came along with the system when I bought it. It is the Apple Optical USB Mouse of the Version 1.10. So, I dont think that an incompatibility is the reason for this problem that the iMac Mouse wheel doesn't scroll a page up. Anyways, thanks for all the help till now.

It seems that some dust on the wheel of the mouse is the reason for the particular situation that you are encountering. According to me, you need to clean the same. Also, make sure that the system preferences for the mouse scroll is set as vertical and horizontal. I hope that there will be no problems hereafter.

Inorder to know about the proper cause of the problem that the iMac Mouse wheel doesn't scroll a page up is to take your mouse to the Apple Store. Let them connect it at their place and check if they are having the same issue or not. If it is working fine there, then surely the mouse scroll settings in your system are improper.

Inorder to check out if there is a problem with the mouse or the system, there is a very simple solution for the same. Connect another mouse to your system in the same post or another port. If there is a problem with the port, then the connection in the new port will let you know about the issue. Also, if the new mouse has the same problem, then the system settings are not proper.