Thread: Uncaught exception for viewing SMS on Blackberry Storm 9500 after 5.0 upgrade

Uncaught exception for viewing SMS on Blackberry Storm 9500 after 5.0 upgrade

I am suffering from a problem on my Blackberry Storm 9500 as something seems to be seriously wrong with this phone. I have tried upgrading this phone to 5.0 OS many time by using Desktop Manager. But everytime i am getting an "Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException" message when i am clicking on SMS button. I am receiving messages but i am unable to open them.

Re: Uncaught exception for viewing SMS on Blackberry Storm 9500 after 5.0 upgrade

An error which you ate getting on your phone would be coming only because of some kind of bug in coding of an operating system which you have just installed on your system. I think you should go reinstall the same firmware on your phone but from some other source. You may do the same thing from the same source but make sure that the setup file is different.

Re: Uncaught exception for viewing SMS on Blackberry Storm 9500 after 5.0 upgrade

I think you should wait for bit more time to install the latest firmware on your phone as it is but obvious that any new thing in the market gonna face any type of problem but if you do not want to suffer from those problems then it is better to use an older one then after some time all the bugs will be solved then you may upgrade your phone with the latest firmware.

This is a software bug on your Blackberry phone so it is best not to deal with it on your own. I suggest you to directly contact the dealer from where you have bought this phone as they would be having the setup file of latest firmware of your phone. So you may install it from there as if there would be any problem from your system. I just do not get it that blackberry tests its firmware or not before launching it.

When there is anything wrong with the software of your phone then an easiest way to get rid of it is to format your phone. I have done it many times when my messages does work. Actually this should be the coding problem on your phone. I recommend you to reinstall the firmware of your phone and if still the same problem is there then you should use some other setup file of same firmware as it might happen that the problem would be with the setup file by using which you have installed os on your phone.