Thread: Debug on standalone Blackberry storm 9500 simulator 4.7.0

Debug on standalone Blackberry storm 9500 simulator 4.7.0

I am creating a J2ME application for which i am using an Eclipse IDE. I am wishing to port this application on Blackberry platform. I have converted the jar file to COD file but when i am trying to load this file on Blackberry storm 9500 simulator 4.7.0 then it is not showing any debug information. Can anybody tell me that is it possible to have such things on blackberry platform or not.

Re: Debug on standalone Blackberry storm 9500 simulator 4.7.0

I think the debugging the code would be a feature in Eclipse which i guess you have not installed on your smartphone. I suggest you to get this whole software on your phone so that you will be much comfortable with it and it will not be much hard thing to debug the codes. It might happen that you have buy an extra memory for your phone but it would be worth it.

I think you should not try installing such applications on your phone as they might make your phone working slow. Once you install Eclipse kind of application on your smartphone then keep in mind that you have to remove all other application or you may buy a new memory for it. I suggest you to make an application from the computer itself which can run on your blackberry, That is how it suppose to be done.

I recommend you to open an Eclipse first of all then you have to go to the Menu where there would be an option for Debugging. Here you have to select for the Blackberry simulator in Debug As. Then click on the Window and then go to an Open Perspective. Now click on Debug which i guess would not be needed as you would be automatically taken to Debug perspective but still you may need it sometime.

Leverage your Java development skills and a rich set of BlackBerry APIs to build applications your users will love. Developing in Java allows you to create diverse, feature rich apps for BlackBerry smartphones. Whether you want to push data, use streaming media or GPS navigation, create games or extend enterprise services, the development tools available for the BlackBerry platform provide you with the APIs to develop powerful, full-featured applications. Write your applications using either the Eclipse environment or the legacy BlackBerry Java Development Environment (BlackBerry JDE).

First of all i suggest you to remove all useless applications from the simulator directory that is C:\jde\simulator. I think the file name on your phone would be 8820.xml. Delete the lines regarding an application which you do not care about. This will be solving the problems on your simulator’s main menu if there would be any clutter. It might speed up your phone as well.

I am damn sure that you would be needing a add on for an Eclipse or at least a JDE for blackberry which are most needed to debug the programs on your blackberry phone. Without at least one of them, You wont be able to debug so first focus on getting any of them and then you may try it on your blackberry phone.