Thread: BlackBerry App Error 523

BlackBerry App Error 523

Hi,

I have Blackberry Curve 8310, The problem is that since yesterday, I am getting error message "Error 523". Just last month, I had installed latest firmware on it. But now the menu icons does not display and I can not make them appear and worse, turn it off and remove the battery, but the same error appears !!! How to remove this App Error 523 ???

Re: BlackBerry App Error 523

To remove Blackberry App Error 523, try the following steps :

1. Uninstall all applications from your Blackberry Curve that you must have recently installed .

2. Download and Install the latest version of BlackBerry Device Software from your Blackberry Curve 8310 from official download site.

Try the following things, see if it works :

* Remove the battery - Leave cover for now
    * Remove the SIM card
    * Boot up
    * Disable "radio"
    * Remove the battery
    * Re-insert SIM
    * Change the battery
    * Boot up
    * Put the battery back cover
    * Wait until all seems finished
    * Enable Radio

I was getting the same JVM error 523 on my blackberry bold, whenever I use to receive a MMS. I connected my blackberry bold to computer using USB cable, during the bootup process, you need to typed JavaLoader -USB DIR > DIR.TXT and got the install the modules list.

JavaLoader -USB ERASE -F net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_smil_mms
    JavaLoader -USB ERASE -F net_rim_bb_mms

and I can use my blackberry bold .

If you are receiving any type of error that prevents the starter until the end, you can not get a connection on the desktop manager. To solve this: Remove the battery and leave it out. Then connect your device and double-click the icon for the application manager. Then go through the process of loading software as you would normally. Halfway through the upgrade process, make sure the battery does not disconnect the device from the PC.

Yes, it works well again. This happens when you run an application that has not closed or damaged. There is only one way to eliminate this program and start the phone. However, very complicated. However, if you have a backup phone or with a fesh new without its data, then just reinstall your operating system.

What I did was :

Installing Blackberry to my computer desktop.

Download the latest Blackberry software on your company's website and install on my computer.

Guidelines Blackberry desk and connect the phone without the battery cable and select App Loader and follow the onscreen prompts. When this finishes you will get a different error on the screen. Try the above again with the battery in the phone and the phone will be well again.

I have had the same problem with this app error 523!! Its so annoying, I havent used any apps recently and its just come up with this out of the blue. I have tryed that desktop manager but it doesnt seem to work. HELP ME PLEASE.

Thanks SALLY

Hi sallyjones212,

I think that the problem occurs because of loading incompatible 3rd party software in blackberry phones which results in app Error 523. Did you load anything lately? You should be able to connect to the device while it's rebooting (spinning hourglass) with application loader and remove the offending 3rd party application.

Hi,
    Noo iv not really used much on my fone at all only to recieve texts and calls. MY contract ran out in april so thats how far back I downloaded anythin.. Yes the screen with the hourglass(clock) does come up, then it actually goes onto the desktop on the fone, varifys securityware then goes to the screen with the app error 523 screen.. I really dont know what to do

In that case try to reflash the inbuild OS in your blackberry phone or either update it with the latest firmware available in the market. In any case you can try JSanders suggestions given at the blackberry forums on how to solve the BlackBerry App Error 523:

If your BlackBerry stays powered off with a black screen, follow the instructions below. The only indication of life might be the blinking red LED light in the top corner. Nothing seems to wake it up and Desktop Manager doesn't recognize any device is connected.

1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
    http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/
    2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."
    4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.
    5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry.

UNcheck all of the third party apps.

Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.

NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.
    http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.p...stem_Downloads
    Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.