Thread: MacBook Pro Extreme Overheating: Faulty NVIDIA cards?

MacBook Pro Extreme Overheating: Faulty NVIDIA cards?

I have bought my MacBook Pro nearly two months ago, I have noticed that my MacBook Pro is running extremely hot. This is not casing the problem but this is was the reason to worry. Yesterday I started playing a game with the high graphics for more than thirty minutes and then a burning plastic smell start to come out. Immediately I turned off my MacBook pro and let it cool down. Today, when I started my MacBook Pro the NVIDIA 8600 graphics cards is not working properly. So I need help for MacBook Pro Extreme Overheating: Faulty NVIDIA cards. Do I need to replace it or anything can be done for fixing it. I also want to know how to keep temperature down of my MacBook Pro.

Re: MacBook Pro Extreme Overheating: Faulty NVIDIA cards?

I think that there is something wrong with the fan speed or the thermal control of you MacBook Pro. In any case MacBook Pro never becomes so hot that you can smell burning plastic. If MacBook Pro crosses the temperature limit then it just restarts to prevent it from any kind of damage. I will suggest you to go and visit authorized apple service center and explain them about the problem that you are facing, it will be better if you give your MacBook Pro for service.

I just got out my MacBook pro from my bag after having put in about one hour (the time of transport), I had put in "sleep" during this time. Out of his pocket, he was burning, in the true sense. I hastened to open it to turn on but it was no longer in standby mode. Once turned on I saw that the inside temperature reached 70 degrees 75. Is there a danger for the components? Could someone recommend software analyzing the state of the hardware, please?

If I were you, I would turn off the MBP during the transport in its bag, not a treatment worthy of such a machine. Finally, everyone looks after their own door. You can do an audit of the machine thinned on the installation disc by pressing the D key please read the instructions for the hardware test before employment. There are many software application that will do the same you can use any of them for testing purpose.

It has rekindled TFW when you've closed (activated via a bluetooth keyboard or other?). If you have not programmed standby after a certain time, and remained on the heat because it was closed. But a priori I think that AC is a bp on a new machine one hour at 70 degrees unprotects the internal components. Anyway if it had suffered in its remark, you use: the freeze of the machine or other such thing.

This is not the first time the word comes back with overheating laptops from Apple, and this time it is pointed at the new MacBook Pro 17 ", with a Core i7 by Intel. The CPU It is true, tends to warm up a lot, enclosed in small shells of laptops, but still not to the point that the site could meet PC Authority during his tests, with peaks at 100 ° C! So of course in everyday use testers have found no such worries, but in some workbenches heat has even caused the crash of the software. The 100 ° C have also been achieved in applications such as burn OCCT such as one might think of a prima facie Cinebench R10 even allowed to cross the threshold temperature to 3 digits. It seems from the first feedback that this is a concern for design with cooling under-sized for a shell so thin. In any case, the picture found those who have dissected the MacBook Pro to compare it to other solutions based Core i7

I have a MacBook Pro Unibody (already "old") with the configuration 2.80 GHz, 4GB Ram and 320GB HDD. Already, it heats a lot, namely that the site of mirror's edge, do it off up to 97 degrees (And yeah ) I brought home Abelsys Salzinnes, and three days later, I get it, and nothing abnormal detected after them This is normal "flash is not well optimized for Mac" from there to reach almost 100 degrees, I'd be surprised. Since the upd in 10.5.7, I feel it even more heated, even in Photoshop, the keyboard becomes hot, and it's not nice at all. I tested with a seller at Apple MediaMarkt on a 17 "2.93 GHz, we never collate exceed 70-75 degree on the site of mirror's edge. So I,really feel there is a problem because, as heating at this point in Photoshop