Thread: Setting up BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac OS

Setting up BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac OS

If you make use of one of Apple's Mac systems you might be tremendously happy to hear that BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac users is here. This software determine to authorize to back-up, restore, and synchronize data concerning their Mac and their BlackBerry smartphone. You be capable to generate certain out Inside BlackBerry for a detailed run down of the fantastic characteristics and tremendous functions of BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac. I got a sneak peek at it so I might write a diminutive number of quick how-to posts for you.

Re: Setting up BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac OS

Subsequent to installation you determine to necessitate restarting your system. At present immediately plug in your BlackBerry smartphone via USB. The first time you attach your smartphone you determine to necessitate to identify it by giving it a innovative name. I changed excavation to the extremely original "Michelle's BlackBerry" - Additional than it determine to help me differentiate my BlackBerry smartphone from my friends. At present that you are the entire set-up you be able to back-up and synchronize your files from you Mac. For this you have to download the Desktop Manager disk image (.dmg file). Subsequent to that you have to hit it off to open the file dtm1.jpg. To install hit it off BlackBerry Desktop Manager.mpkg. It determine to ask you if you are certain you desire to continue you make a decision if you intend to sync your BlackBerry smartphone by means of your Mac. You determine to then be guided from side to side the steps to install straightforward as that. (Read and recognize the license agreement, choose your region, select where you desire to install the file).

The BlackBerry Desktop Software is at present compatible by means of the Mac OS platform, and the upcoming release is immediately approximately the corner. Most of them would similar to take this opportunity to share some details regarding the key characteristic included in v1.0. We be familiar with many of you are waiting worriedly for the product to be released, and the wait is almost in excess of. Previous to I dive into the details, I required to thank you the entire for the great comments and feedback you left on my initial post announcing this upcoming release of BlackBerry Desktop Software. Be familiar with how anticipated the product is the most excellent motivation the team might have. Read on for a detailed walk-through of the key product characteristic.

On one occasion BlackBerry Desktop Software is installed and associated to a BlackBerry smartphone via USB, users determine to be offered by means of what we call the Welcome Sheet. The idea behind the Welcome Sheet is to create certain users be able to customize important settings defining their experience by means of the BlackBerry Desktop Software going forward. No matter which defined here on the Welcome Sheet is able to of course be changed presently on via various alternatives (in addition covered in this situation).

One significant characteristic I would approximate to spend some time talking regarding is the option to select whether a BlackBerry smartphone syncs by means of one or multiple systems, an innovative characteristic to BlackBerry Desktop Software. Desire to sync by means of one system at home and an additional at work. Revolutionize the setting to “Safer Sync” and you’re the entire set. Your sync times determine to increase (how much depends on the amount of data stored on the smartphone), additional than this characteristic determine to assist keep data on your Mac and BlackBerry smartphone in synchronization.

Reserving memory is in addition extremely helpful and a pleasant method to save some space for documents, movies or even apps by means of the innovative archiving characteristic introduced in BlackBerry App World 1.1. The BlackBerry Desktop Software determine to in addition tell users where their music determine to be synced to. If your BlackBerry smartphone has onboard memory (similar to the BlackBerry Storm or BlackBerry Bold) you determine to have comprise the alternative to select whether to sync music to the onboard memory or a microSD card.