Thread: Blackberry Storm as a modem for MacBook Air

Blackberry Storm as a modem for MacBook Air

I am running with a MacBookAir on which Leopard 10.5.6 and VMWare Fusion has been installed . From Fusion,I am working on Windows XP,SP3. I am bale to access the Internet through the airport (WLAN). When working with the WLAN/airport and I am not getting any issue to create a vpn-connection with our corporate network. (Both, MacOSX and Windows XP)

But the problem is that when I got some complexities when I am just trying to work with my BlackberryStorm as a modem. I am involving some modem scripts that I found in the internet that generated three modemscripts known as "BlackBerry 3G CID1"to three. They assumes as functioning properly . Storm states that "modemmodus" and I am able to get the Internet connection . Directly with safari/mac and from the VM-XP installed machine / IE -going well. But I am unable to create a vpn-tunnel. Nor from Windows XP neither from the Mac.

Re: Blackberry Storm as a modem for MacBook Air

The BlackBerry smartphone (that came with the tethered modem support ) can be included to accomplish this task and as an external modem to plug with the computer system with the Internet. To configure up a tethered modem in BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.1 to 5.0,finish the following suggested tasks:

• Perform the installation of BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.1 to 5.0 (should be done once ).
    • Configure up the internet access point name (APN) (once).
    • Set up Dial-up Networking (DUN) (once).
    • Connect to the Internet with the help of dial-up networking .

It actually assumes as to be a Blackberry-issue . I have finished the installation of the needed BootCamp-Drivers. So right now, I can perfectly get the storm - almost. I am running with a fine and appropriate telephone connection even at the time of surfing - all of thing going much better.

But then: Then Windows XP pptp vpn tunnel does not work anymore. It states about the error message as [ error 721 (Remote-PPP-Peer reagiert nicht)] when trying to connect. What could that be? The ports on the router are functioning properly when for example connecting upon WLAN / Airport.

I need to ask something ..Is your VM has been set as bridged or NAT mode? According to me, I always choose the option to go for the NAT mode and you can't imagine, I didn't got any issues before to work with this one mode . . Just remember one thing , I have checked both the Checkpoint SecureClient and IPSecuritas running on my Mac machine (Macbook Pro installed with the Leopard 10.5.5), and both going well via my Storm tethered through the bluetooth on Verizon.

Hi guys ! I have same problem and read out whole thread and discussion from you all posted here and I also need solution for the same issue here . Actually , I am working on Mac OS X 10.5.5 and configured the NAT and It doesn´t work at all . How exactly did you configure up the blackberry storm as a tethered Modem?I am not getting any proper way that what drivers I should use to go for through which I can choose this . which one driver, you using for the BB storm? I have a feeling it´s the modem scripts that is generating such type of issues

Thanks,

You have to perform the installation of BootCamp Drivers on the virtual machine on the Mac OS X system in order to find the modem working. I have performed the installation of boot camp drivers- how I can implement the blackberry Storm as a modem.

BUT, the VPN-tunnel issue will be still there ! So it has to be a blackberry/firewall thing...