Thread: Blackberry DesktopManager doesn't recognize paired Bluetooth Connection

Blackberry DesktopManager doesn't recognize paired Bluetooth Connection

The Blackberry Desktop Manager doesn't detect my already paired Bluetooth connection using my Blackberry . Althought, the computer system and the Blackberry Device Manager detects the Smartphone. I have paired the computer and the Blackberry within the Bluetooth configuration Dialog within the Windows. I made enabled the Bluetooth compatibility within the Blackberry Device Manager and it looks like all of thing is going fine , the blackberry Device Manager displays :

Blackberry 9500 - connected
    COM1 - not connected
    However, when I launch the Blackberry Desktop Manager, a Dialog Box without having buttons during start up saying that there is no Device is connected. Except the Dialog Box all of thing is going greyed out in the Desktop Manager and I am unable do anything except exiting from this .

Re: Blackberry DesktopManager doesn't recognize paired Bluetooth Connection

When I was just plugging my Dell Latitude D820 to the Desktop Manager software through the Bluetooth. I am unable to seems as getting this to work properly . I made paired the 8830 with my laptop and can transfer files without involvement of Desktop Software, so I am sure that both devices have been paired completely without any issues . However, when adjusting the connection configuration in my Desktop Manager, I didn't got anything that makes working with this software impossible. The Latitiude supports Dell Wireless 350 Bluetooth Module and that should be certified from the Microsoft drivers.

I was able to work with the Bluetooth with the Dell Latitude D820 . Just as you, I was running with the same problem where my device was not getting recognized by the Desktop Manager (after making sure several times that it was paired up). I removed the Toshiba stack for BT and implemented the standard Windows Drivers (XP SP2), the device that I am working with is vzw 8830, desktop Manager version 4.2.1.8. Can you please provide some information regarding :

Which one operating system, you are working with (XP SP2)?
    Desktop Manager > Under Options > Connection Settings > Have you made Enabled the Bluetooth Support?

Actually, the issue is the 8830 seems not compatible with the 'Bluetooth Serial Port' that you require to use for Blackberry Desktop Manager and accomplished through the BT. The 8830 only have compatibility with the below suggested services :
    • Headset
    • Handsfree
    • Dial-Up Networking
    • Audio Source
    • A/V Remote Control Target

Quote Originally Posted by Zecho View Post
    Actually, the issue is the 8830 seems not compatible with the 'Bluetooth Serial Port' that you require to use for Blackberry Desktop Manager and accomplished through the BT. The 8830 only have compatibility with the below suggested services :
    • Headset
    • Handsfree
    • Dial-Up Networking
    • Audio Source
    • A/V Remote Control Target
    I have read something and behalf of that , the RIM, the serial port profile is compatible to run with the 8830. I am just thinking if this is being suppressed by the carrier? I am on sprint and going to just figure it out in order to implementation of properly wireless. BlackBerry - BlackBerry 8830..

I have just done the upgradation of the software Desktop Manager v5.0.01.At the time of upgradation, it no longer detects my device through the Bluetooth. The computer detects my blackberry and the system switched on as plugged on the device, but desktop manager doesn't detect the device. I have also done the uninstallation and also re-installation the computer from the device and vice versa and rebooting the system, but to no avail.

I would suggest you that you have to go for the clean uninstallation of the Desktop Manager (View Document) and then remove out the device Bluetooth combination. Once it has been finished to do a fresh installation of Desktop Manager and then combine your device through the Bluetooth again.