Thread: Unable to delete blackberry apps

Unable to delete blackberry apps

I had immediately bought a blackberry curve and downloaded more than a few submissions for it. I no longer desire two of these apps and plugged my blackberry into the desktop manager. When I hit it off on Application Loader then Add/remove apps and start, a complete register of the entire the apps on my blackberry comes into view. More than a few of the apps cannot be unimpeded: Pandora, My Cast Weather, and Pocket Manager cannot be unimpeded. Additional than App World and Brio Calorie tracker be able to be unimpeded (and removed.)I have comprise and rebooted my system and tried more than a few times. I cannot uncheck the boxes next to those three apps.

Re: Unable to delete blackberry apps

You be able to try eliminating them from the apparatus itself more often than not that's in Options > Advanced Options > Applications that determine to, on the apparatus, build a register of the installed apps. Highlight (do not choose) the app you desire to eliminate, hit it off the BB/Menu key, choose Delete. Be extremely careful and discriminating stay away from anything that seems to be part of the core system. I am not at the entire certain why it would not let you do so from the DM software additional than then the entire in excess of again I by no means make use of DM.

I have comprise and tried deleting a number of apps and they seem to one way or another come back. Help! I have encompassed the Bold 9700 by means of AT&T and I do not desire MyCast Weather, MobiTV, XM Radio, Brain Challenge and Scrabble. At present, I go into Options>Applications and I do not observe these apps in the register. I go into Options>Advanced>Service Books and I observe these listed there. So I emphasize it and hit delete and the symbol is eliminated from the home screen. So I imagine it's gone and the entire additional than subsequent to a reset they demonstrate up the entire in excess of again.

If they are not scheduled in the application register, then the application is not installed. What you are observing are probable Service Books that push, from your carrier, a "teaser" representation to you to entice you to hit it off it and install the apps. You cannot obstruct those. As you have comprise discovered, if you eliminate the Service Book, your carrier submissively pushes them back out to you. I maintain a folder on my Home screen (called "Spare Icons" additional call it "Junk") into which I move those irritating things.

The communication implies you are on a Corporate BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server) that has compulsory an IT Policy that creates illegal you from modifying what's installed on your BlackBerry. If this is the case, you cannot get approximately it do not even try. If, on the other hand, you purchased your BB second hand, you be able to replace the IT Policy on the apparatus by means of the defaulting IT Policy (that has no restrictions). This is in addition (mistakenly) called eliminating IT Policy. Basically go behind the directions here: Unlocking the Blackberry. The web page is in addition imperfectly titled Unlocking the BlackBerry, additional than characteristically unlocking means eliminating the restriction placed on a BlackBerry by the service provider to utilize simply their Cellular network.

On the other hand, I am the BES admin for my business most of them have comprise two BES servers. I have encompass and checkered the IT Policy setting on together and unchecked "Prohibit Third Party Application Downloads", additional than it merely worked on one server, the entire the users on the second server are not capable to delete several application. I tried shifting some users to dissimilar policy, tranquil not capable to delete.

That is fascinating. I was immediately checking due to the similar tribulations I have comprise by means of one user on my BES. He has accurately the identical difficulty. He cannot eliminate any Application (Games, languages). He gets the identical error. The IT Policy would not permit that. I have comprise one BES by means of 700 Users and the majority be able to eliminate Applications. I have resend him the IT Policy and the Service Books without accomplishment. The Policy settings are the similar as by SAMATAR. Might not locate several information in sequence in RIMs Knowledge Base. The User has a Pearl by means of Vodafone Germany contract.