Thread: Unable to update BlackBerry Curve 8520 to 5.0

Unable to update BlackBerry Curve 8520 to 5.0

I am an innovative user of BlackBerry so I start to utilize Curve 8520 version or description 4.6.1.314 Platform 4.2.0.135 by means of PIN 22519E9E. I am situated in the Philippines and my Service provider is Globe Telecom. My tribulations are I am not capable to bring up to date my Device to 5.0. I tried first using the desktop software and I am receiving a communication that my apparatus has the most recent software. Then I tried using the web to bring up to date and this time I am receiving a correlation error message and in conclusion I in addition tried the additional Option which is downloading the apparatus software supported by my service provider I saw three alternative and downloaded them the entire then installed in my system (two v4.6 and one 5.0). Then I launch my desktop software additional than this time I got an alternative to bring up to date my apparatus 4.6. What I desire is to upgrade it to 5.0 so I tried the entire in excess of again via webupdate additional than I am in addition getting the alternative to bring up to date it to 4.6. I tried to eliminate the two 4.6 version folder in share folder Research in Motion folder position in Program file folder/Common file/research in motion/shared then tried to bring up to date again via desktop and web but I got the similar result on my first attempt to bring up to date my device. I actually necessitate somebody to assist me with my tribulations. I am not capable to install facebook 1.6 and not capable to sign in to YNM application that is why I required updating my apparatus to 5.0. I determine to appreciate several help.

Re: Unable to update BlackBerry Curve 8520 to 5.0

First, I would recommend that you make sure that you have detached (via Add/Remove Programs not by basically deleting the folders/files) the entire additional than the apparatus OS package that you wish to inaugurate. Then, rather than utilize DTM, utilize the apparatus Loader.exe as documented in this procedure. I did what you have instructed additional than I am simply getting the applications installed on my phone. I am not capable to reload my OS, I tried to bring up to date my apparatus the entire in excess of again additional than I am tranquil getting that there is no update obtainable for my phone.

When I went to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. After that I had opened the loader exe file. Then it punctual a dialog box then I hit it off next. It demonstrates to choose my apparatus so I attach my phone. Then it demonstrates my apparatus PIN and I clicked next then it ask for my password. I enter my password and hit it off next the entire in excess of again then it in addition demonstrates some of my application. I clicked next the entire in excess of again and it says no actions compulsory.

By means of that consequence, you have comprise to installed to your system the similar apparatus OS package that is previously installed to your BlackBerry. If you are wishing to modify to a dissimilar version or description, you must eliminate from your system that OS package and inaugurate to your system the apparatus OS version package that you wish. Then, Loader determines to utilize that package and install that OS to your BlackBerry. What version is Loader offering on the page where it demonstrates the entire the apps. Hit it off the Details button on that page it determine to demonstrate you, module by module, what is installed and what the package you are attempting to install presents. What version is presently installed on your BlackBerry.

I twice checkered the folders where the 5.0 OS was installed and still reinstalled it. I am tranquil getting the similar result. It merely presents me the submissions and not the OS itself. Give pleasure to re-read my previous post and make available the answers I have comprise requested. What you are seeing is customary from what you illustrate, it is demonstrating accurately what it be supposed to. There are apps involved by means of the OS, additional than the first entry in that screen determine to be the Core itself which is the OS. The whole thing else are components thereof, containing the normal suite of apps that create up the BlackBerry.

I tried to bring up to date my apparatus the entire in excess of again and the 5.0 OS has appeared previously on the other hand subsequent to clicking next, I am receiving a message that I determine to necessitate a subscription to be capable to bring up to date mu apparatus to 5.0. I am extremely frustrated previously, I anticipate most of them be able to resolve my tribulations. I am not capable to install Facebook on my apparatus and not capable to sign in to Yahoo. Messenger as well. I am getting a message that the service was not facilitate on my apparatus. I imagine updating my OS to 5.0 determine to resolve my tribulations. The link below is the merely bring up to date obtainable from my mobile carrier Globe Telecom , I am wondering If I be able to utilize OS that came from additional carrier.

You be able to utilize a apparatus OS package from an additional carrier it immediately takes a trick. Additional than some things you have comprise and said intrigue me. Do you be familiar with for certain that you have encompass a Blackberry data plan in place on your BlackBerry. This is critical without the appropriate data plan, nothing you are attempting determine to work, containing (as memory serves me) attempting to install and make use of apparatus OS v5.0. Please create certain by means of your service provider that you have comprise the appropriate data plan from then that enables your to have right of entry to the entire Blackberry Internet Service characteristics and functions. The messages you are seeing tell me that you do not have right of entry to BIS.