Thread: Blackberry Desktop Manager recognizes my BB 8900 only about 50% of the time

Blackberry Desktop Manager recognizes my BB 8900 only about 50% of the time

This is the environment of my issues . Before one week I am gifted with the Blackberry 8900. I installed the Desktop Manager 4.7 and finished the installation very successfully without any issues . I got that about 50% of the time, the desktop manager is not detecting my blackberry device and it shows as it is not connected right now. As a evaluation of all these , I can't sync the system with the blackberry.

The system, where as , detects the device 100% of the time (I am able to get this through my computer system). Desktop Manager is completely running with the proper updates as is the software on the blackberry. What should I go to do now for just fixing this issue ?

Re: Blackberry Desktop Manager recognizes my BB 8900 only about 50% of the time

This is just going because of the incapability of the desktop manager and you have to fix the issue of the software first then the problem would be solved automatically . Would you tell me something about the current configurations dn software version that you are using right now and also you are running with the media manager or what ? Are you working on windows vista or XP on your laptop ? I would suggest your to go for the uninstallation and then reinstallation of BlackBerry Desktop Manager without media manager.

Hi, you captured right .. Actually, I am working upon the Desktop manager and as well as media manager is enabled to use with that . I have installed Windows XP Professional on my system .

Do you have some other advice regarding this ? I have performed the re-installation of the Blackberry Desktop Manager without involving the installation of media manager, but it still is not detecting my device much of the time.Any more suggestion would be helpful for me ..

This seems very common enough which I get this a bit. I also running with the same problem but have installed old version and a restart resolves this problem everytime if in a getting this . Might be the method windows XP detects the device. I didn't disconnects and connected back in real quick, it seems to help. Verizon launched DM 5.0, I am not fully sure when it will be available to all.Hope the suggestion would be helpful for you ..

Thanks .