Thread: Blackberry Bold 9700 headset button not working

Blackberry Bold 9700 headset button not working

I have purchased a new Blackberry Bold 9700 just before 1 week and i guess there is something wrong with the headset which i have got with this phone. I do not know but i am expecting that the pressing the button given on the headset should start voice dialing application which does work. What is the problem with the headset?

Re: Blackberry Bold 9700 headset button not working

I guess the button given on the headset does not opens the voice calling application. It should be used when your phone wrings in order to receive the call and if you want to call from your phone when there is a headset attached to it then you have to open an voice calling application then you may press headset button in the name of contact to whom you would like to call.

I think you have keep your headset button pressed for some seconds which will open the voice calling application. I think you wont be doing in the manner which i have mentioned here. I think you should keep that button pressed. By doing in this as well does not starts calling application then there must be something wrong with headset itself.

As you have bought this phone and headset just before some time then you must directly go to the dealer from where you have bough this headset. He/She would be giving you the proper demo of the headset and if there would be any problem with the hardware then you must get the new one replaced by it and not then it might happen that you have misunderstood some function.

There could be the problem with the headset button itself for checking which i would like to make you calling from it and accepting the calls. Actually the feature about which you are talking here is not provided in all the types of headset as some special headset has this feature. I would like to suggest you to make sure that the headset which you are using is having such features.