Thread: BlackBerry Bold 9700 not connecting with PC

BlackBerry Bold 9700 not connecting with PC

Recently i have bought a new Blackberry Bold 9700 and there was not even a single problem with this phone but i think i have made a small mistake while i was using this phone on my computer system. I disconnected it without safely ejecting it, Since i have done it my phone is not getting connected with the machine. It only charges itself but no synchronization between phone and computer. What should i do now?

Re: BlackBerry Bold 9700 not connecting with PC

This kind of problems happens some time, Actually i have removed my sony ericsson phone many time without ejecting it safely but never faced any problem. Maximum possibility is that your memory card could get corrupted but your phone should be able to synchronize itself with the computer system, It might happen that it does not gets recognized by system at that time but you must try rebooting the system and then reboot your phone as well. Now you may try connecting your phone.

I guess this safely removing usb device are not much necessary to do but it is recommended as it has been seen that it creates problems some time. There might be some problem has been arrived with the windows usb driver which needs to be very much supportive when you connect your device with your machine. I suggest you to go to an official website of your operating system and then download the latest drivers for your USB port.

There could be a problem with the Blackberry PC Suit as well which is important to synchronize your phone with the computer system irrespective of an operating system. So i think you should reinstall the BB PC Suit on your system and then check that the phone is getting connected with the system or not.

If you are using Mac OS X on your computer system then i think you must be running rosetta & the Desktopmanager together which would be creating this problem. You should never use this both softwares together. You can check about the same from an information page of blackberry Desktopmanager which gets open by right clicking on Desktopmanager symbol. Here you have to remove the delete the arrow - with help rosseta starting. Now you have to restart your machine and then you may try connecting your phone.

I think you have to reboot your phone in a little bit different manner which refreshes your phone forcefully. You have to take out the battery out of your phone when it is ON. Doing this will make your phone off then you have to reboot your phone and then check that it can get connected with the pc or not.

It might also happen that there would be a problem from the software side, I mean to say that if your pc suit is not supporting then also your phone does not get recognized by your computer system so you must try solving this problem by reinstalling the pc suit on your computer machine and then check the problem still persists or not.