Thread: Blackberry Bold 9700 Water Damage

Blackberry Bold 9700 Water Damage

I have just bought a new Blackberry Bold 9700 this phone has been gone through water damage but the only problem is with the track pad. I do not know what has happened to this phone but i am very much worry about my phone as it is a new one and i do not want any of this phone's feature not working just after two months. So please suggest me some ways to fix this problem.

Re: Blackberry Bold 9700 Water Damage

I have seen the similar kind of problem on my Blackberry Bold. Actually i know that this problem has been started since my phone dipped in to gutter. I was so angry that time but was not able to hit myself. Anyway, i talked to the service center guy and he told me that there would be problem with the microchip on my phone due to which my trackpad was not replying properly. So i changed the microchip and now it works fine.

As you guys have told that there has been water damaged then i think even if your phone would be in warranty period, The Blackberry service center would not be considering it as they have mentioned it on the warranty card that the water damages are not covered under warranty. But still i suggest you to directly contact the service center for finding the proper problem on your phone then you may do whatever you want. Have you opened your phone anytime before this?

I have one idea for solving your problem as you guys are having new phones, then there should not be anything wrong with the hardware on your phones. Now you guys will not be able to use your phone's warranty card for solving the problem on it. Still i suggest you to keep your phone open for some days if you want to try using the warranty of your phone. Actually i have used my phone's warranty even after it has dipped into water tank. There was keypad problem for which i was looking forward to use warranty. But water damages are not covered under warranty so i kept my phone open for 4 days so that all the water drops inside it gets evaporated. Service center never told me that your device is having water inside it.

This kind of problem with the trackball on blackberry mobile has been seen due to the dust found below the trackball. I recommend to open your phone and then clean it properly and it would be better if you have hair blower at your home. You may use that to clean up your phone with more effective way. After blowing the air in your phone, It is but obvious that there wont be any dust inside it and if there would be any water drops then also they will gets vanished. Now you may try using your phone.

When your phone gets dipped into water or by some reason water gets inside your phone then it is possible that there could be a damage in the motherboard. I think you have to give your phone to the service center who must be knowing where the problem is. If there is any kind of damage of your phone's motherboard then you may get your phone's motherboard replaced if they does not find any water drops inside your phone.