Thread: Blackberry curve 8530/verizon SMS/Alert issues

Blackberry curve 8530/verizon SMS/Alert issues

I have recently bought a brand new Blackberry curve 8530 in which I am already facing some verizon SMS/Alert issues. The actual situation is that I am not able to change any of the tones for SMS, ringing and so on. There were no such problems yesterday and I can assure about the same because I had checked changing all the tones the other day.

I had transferred all my stuffs from the older Blackberry into this new phone. I am not able to understand why this is happening, even if no setting was changed. Any possible help to get rid of this issue is duly appreciated.

Re: Blackberry curve 8530/verizon SMS/Alert issues

I have faced a similar verizon SMS/Alert issues in the Blackberry curve 8530. There is no need to worry because such kinds are problems are sure to encounter in the future again and again with this particular phone. Simply restart you phone and I am sure that the issue will be resolved because I have used the same method to solve my problem.

If the Blackberry curve 8530 is causing the verizon SMS/Alert issues, then simply take the phone back to the dealer from whom you purchased it. You may be having the warranty of the phone remaining. You do not have to take a headache for this issue. Let the dealer handle the same. Make sure that you get the problem fixed from the dealer.

It will be better if you do not play with the settings of the phone any more, as more situations like the verizon SMS/Alert issues can occur in Blackberry curve 8530. Anyways, contact the officials regarding this problem and mention the issues that you are facing. Post this problem on their official site or directly mail them. As they know all the settings of their product, they may also be knowing why this problem is happening. Hence, they will respond back to you with the particular solutions that can be used.

The verizon SMS/Alert issues that you are encountering in this Blackberry curve 8530 is a very unusual one. Go about the steps that are provided below, only after backing up your smartphone:
    1. Start the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    2. After that, go to Help and there select About BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    3. The About Desktop Manager will be opened now.
    4. Go to the Device Software tab now. Just make sure that the device software that is shown in this tab is of the latest version. If the software is of an older version, then update the same.

I hope that doing this updation will do the trick

There is a possibility that you must have changed the profile in Blackberry curve 8530 due to which you are getting the verizon SMS/Alert issues. I suggest you to change to the general profile and check out if the issue is persisting still. If this does not help you, then format the device after backing up the same. No problems are reported with the operating of Blackberry till now.

Thanks for providing all the information on how I can handle verizon SMS/Alert issues that I am facing in Blackberry curve 8530. I have device software and found out that the latest one is installed in my device. Well, I have reported about this to the officials. I do not have a confirmation that they will respond back because of which I am going to take it to the dealer, as suggested by one of you.