Thread: Blackberry Bold 9700 - Email option not there

Blackberry Bold 9700 - Email option not there

Just bought my new Blackberry Bold 9700 and i was trying to setup my email account on this phone but it seems to be something wrong with setting up an account. Actually I have gone through the whole process several times but i am not getting any option for adding my own email account on it. There is only option as 'I want to use a work email account with a Blackberry Enterprise Server'.

Re: Blackberry Bold 9700 - Email option not there

Even i am having the same problem on my Black berry phone as there is no option to setup an email account on this phone. There would be such option provided but i guess i am not aware of the setting which i must have to set on this phone in order to get an email options. Anyway, I am sure that this forum would be helping me for the same.

I think you must have got a manual with the phone when you have bought it. there must be the step by step information given for setting up an email account on your phone. If the dealer from where you have bought this phone would be nearer to you then you may go to them as well for doing such settings as they must be knowing about everything about the phone which they are selling.

I have found one link from where you will be getting an exact idea as how to setup an emails on your Blackberry Bold 9700 phone. I was just roaming around forums an have came across just when i was on Blackberry's website so i though you not to help you. I suggest you to go the "demos.blackberry.com/9700/na/us/gen/?c=2&f=0&t=1" where they have provided the perfect demo for settings which you want to do on your phone.

I have provided the steps by step guide by following which you can setup Email on your Blackberry 9700 smartphone.
    1. Open Setup from the home screen.
    2. Go to the Setup Wizard and then an Email Setup.
    3. Now click on an add an email address option and click Next.
    4. You would be having email setup website on your 9700.
    5. Accept legal terms and conditions and then you have to select for the email service provider or you can select Other.
    6. Fill up all the informations.
    7. Now click on Add and then Create New Address.
    8. Type your desired BlackBerry email address and password.
    9. Go on inputting an asked data and then log out of the email setup website, click Close.

What is probably going on is that you would not be having sufficient account from your carrier which is needed to enable your access to their enhanced BB services. BIS is hosted by the carriers which is committed exclusively to their BB clients. Hence, they in general accuse more for its use. Generic data plans are usually not enough to offer access to BIS. It is also known as The Blackberry Data Plan. You should contact your carrier to get BIS-based BB push email.