Thread: Windows Live Messenger stops receiving messages

Windows Live Messenger stops receiving messages

I am currently working on Windows Live Messenger 2.1.41 which is on an AT&T Blackberry Bold. Windows Live Messenger loading properly and at that point of loading process , messages and status are getting received in normal way . However, after a seemingly alternate amount of time (but commonly within an hour), Windows Live Messenger automatically stops receiving any messages or status updates. It continuously showing as "online" to all of the user on chat board , but it didn't receive any messages in that way. Messages getting transferred to the device are not bounced back... they are just "lost". Outbound messages .. DO make it out to the recipient, and once a message is transferred , it will receive messages for a while until it move into deaf again.

In this status , Windows Live Messenger is properly unusable and completely seems very unreliable. Anyone from you all having such type of issue ? Any suggestions to resolve this out ?

Re: Windows Live Messenger stops receiving messages

I am getting the same problem as well. I have had the Bold since the end of june, but the MSN issue only manifested close to 2 or 3 weeks before. This is not the primary issue that I received from the RIM software, and have got even their paid support sorely getting down. I will surely discourage my entire acquaintances from moving for RIM devices until their programs and quality gets a passing grade.

Prior to spend time resolving this type of issue or any type of bug , RIM has to acknowledge the problem that is going on right now . That is published on the public awareness base. You can open this up and find out if there is an article about your WLM problem. For doing this so, then just do a click on the "BlackBerry Technical Solution Center" which is always tagged at the top right corner of the current page on which you are visiting .

I just received my BlackBerry Curve 8330 and I am running with Telus. I have just found the exact issue with my Windows Live Messenger on my blackberry . I am currently working on version 2.1.42. As I have checked such type of situations so many times. I got two of my friends sitting next to me on their mobile devices to transfer some personal message and I would never got this ! A friend also stated the same to me that he messaged me on his system and I didn't got the message that he sent to me and I was unable to reply to him.

It seems very strange issue for me ! Is it under investigation yet? Are there any workarounds specifically for this ?

I have been searching all over for a solution for this very unexpected and weired issue . Currently, when I entered with the proper username and password on my windows live messenger then I found that I was the unable to get any messages sent by my other friends of mine. But it looks as I have been able to resolve the problem for the time being..

So I have used a battery pull and that didn't moved for any task . I have tried to perform the reinstallation of the same and that did nothing in the same way. However, the thing that is going to work was just resending the WLM service books! I am just thinking that this issue is solved for good!

I am running with the a Sprint and they were not capable to fix the problems , it does not get the messages and have used so many different users , phone to phone, system to phone and phone to system, it is displaying that it transferred but it never got the message and Sprint states that they are unable to perform anything about the same .

It displayed your contacts online and when they sign offline but there's no messages ever received and just as I told, we have used so many different blackberries

According to me, you should come up with this problem to you carrier. The causes in some region carriers are not feasible to provide messenger services without running with an registration with the messenger owner. For instance, in my cases doesn't facilitates free access to their messenger. However, all other can be feasible without any problems.