Thread: Old blackberry messenger chat history

Old blackberry messenger chat history

In january, I had made activated my blackberry messenger and allowed to go for chatting history to be logged on my "device" and I figured out that after a long discussion with the same user the previously used messages disappeared, is there any method to get them back or view them once again, possibly from a recycle bin type contents ? Or if worse came to worse is there any method through which I am able to contact RIM personnel to send me the chat history or anything such as ? Its something that is very necessary for me.

Re: Old blackberry messenger chat history

Based on where you indicated to save the conversations you can open up and open them on your computer system. They are saved as the .csv file and can be opened in the notepad editor or Microsoft Excel. To open up your media card or device memory, plug your BlackBerry smartphone to your computer and opened up my machine.

Here, you should get one or two drives which will show known BlackBerry one and/or two click one and destinate the directory known as IM and then BlackBerry Messenger and the discussion are stored in here.

Been working with the blackberry Messenger IM for three Years and love this; until recently. Before one week , I have upgraded phone to Tour 9630. Had no issues configuring up new ph but somehow the new Messenger does not allow me to scroll back and see at an listed IM conversation (from starting to end).

For instance , I have started a discussion on Wed night and continued on early. But on Thursday morning I used to scroll back to the starting of the Wed night chatting but was unable to get there. Somehow, I am only able to get (scroll back) to a specific point. On my prior blackberry , I was able to have a three day discussion and on day 3, I could scroll through the method back to the starting . Any ideas on how to rectify this one or if any suggestion.

I would suggest you to just turn on the Save Message History control panel . You are able to go for this just by entering into the BlackBerry Messenger application and will guide you to go through the procedure. Press the menu key (settled on the left of the trackball)>choose Options and then after choose where you need to Save the Message History. Once this would be activated , you will be able to find and see through the history of your future chatting and discussion.

Thank you very much for this , but the Tour does not suggest me with the appropriate option to "Save Message History" when going through your located destination. This is listed here is what I got when following your associated path:

BB Messenger Application
    Menu key
    Options

1) Requests (password requirement or forwarding of requests)

2) Conversations (enter key to transmit, display the chat and discussion, group messages, or sort)

3) Status (allow on ph presence or allow Now playing presence)

4) Miscellaneous (vibrate when getting a Ping)

I am not 100% sure that the collection of history is important in this way. I just need to be capable to scroll back and get the all conversation entries. I am not actually requires to save the discussion on the IM.

I am just considering that if there is a character range , time limit, or different maximum configuration for blackberry Messenger which is restricting me from scrolling back? For instance, from last night was minimum than 18 hours of continuous texting through the blackberry Messenger. Working with my prior blackberry, I am able to scroll back and get an three day discussion. There is something has configured ?

HI, I would suggest you to go for the updation of Blackberry Messenger application by visiting at www.blackberry.com/messenger from your Browser on the Blackberry smart-phone.

For going to do this , we would require to make the back up of the Blackberry smart-phone. Please launch up the Blackberry Desktop Manager and plug your Blackberry smart-phone. Now,just make a click on the Backup and Restore and choose the Back Up option. continue with the update procedure.
    Check out the Blackberry smart-phone after going through the update procedure of the Blackberry messenger.