Thread: Mac Desktop Manager Deleted My Contact LIst

Mac Desktop Manager Deleted My Contact LIst

Yesterday ,I have done the downloading of blackberry desktop manager on my mac and performed the syncing of my entire contacts stored . Somehow this removed my all of the stored contact list and as far as I can say that it did not back them up on my system. I am not getting any way to get back my contact lists again . Do you have any idea about this through which I can recover my contact list? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!!

Re: Mac Desktop Manager Deleted My Contact LIst

I am also getting same issue but the environment is little bit different here .I have finished the updation of desktop manager and it states that my blackberry required some update about the software and application, but when it got finished I thought that my contacts list has been deleted , but my images and music are still here.

Do you know anyway through which I can recover my contacts? The update said to me that a backup was build before the update itself, but it didn't so commonly I don't contain any type of backup.

Basically , the update process involves building a backup...hopefully yours did as well. Tried to find out into your all of the hard drive section for an ipd file (*.ipd). Inspect the evaluation (date/time) and select one that assumes as reasonable. opened DTM and initiate the restore,with the help of that ipd file as the source.

To perform the restoration of entire data to a BlackBerry smartphone from a backup file, you have to follow up the steps suggested below :

1- Plug your BlackBerry smartphone to a system which has BlackBerry Desktop Software installed.
    2- Launch the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    3- Click on the Backup and Restore.
    4- Click on the Restore button .
    5-Move through to the backup file which has the data to be restored to the BlackBerry smartphone.
    6- Just double-click on the backup (.ipd) file.

To finish the restoring procedure of particular databases in the backup file to a BlackBerry smartphone, just go through the following steps:

• Connect the BlackBerry smartphone with your system.
    • Open up the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    • Click o the Backup and Restore button .
    • Click on the Advanced button.
    • From the File menu and click on the Open button.
    • Double-click on the backup (.ipd) file.
    • From the Computer Databases section, choose the database or databases to restore and then after click on the right arrow button to finish this up.

HI guys ! I am running with the blackberry curve 8520.My entire contacts has been removed automatically in the wireless syncing operation . As you can understand my problem at this point of time. I am not getting any way to do it properly . Currently can I restore only contacts from .ipd file ???

If you are thinking in this way, how can I do that please let me know...????

Quote Originally Posted by Braasch View Post
    HI guys ! I am running with the blackberry curve 8520.My entire contacts has been removed automatically in the wireless syncing operation . As you can understand my problem at this point of time. I am not getting any way to do it properly . Currently can I restore only contacts from .ipd file ???

If you are thinking in this way, how can I do that please let me know...????
    From your post, it assumes that the reply you require are already posted in this thread -- I would suggest you to just scroll up and go through those posts. If something does not make sense or does not perform in proper manner, please report again with the same symptoms and precise guidelines. Good luck and let me be sure about this !