Thread: Sync w/ Desktop Manager deleted all events in iCal

Sync w/ Desktop Manager deleted all events in iCal

I recently finished the updation of my Desktop Manager for Mac to 1.0.3 (build 16) and on the primary syncing of my 8900 Curve (OS 4.6.1.231) it removed entire calendar events from my ical data section . The events that are tagged are are on my blackberry device , but none of them are tagged on my iCal and they would not sync back over. Do you have any suggestion and if possible and any effective method to resolve this out ?

Re: Sync w/ Desktop Manager deleted all events in iCal

I also have done the upgrade to the newest version of Blackberry Desktop Manager for Mac v 1.0.6 (Build 16). I finished the synchronization of my calendar and All of things from iCal was removed. Fortunately, my Blackberry Calendar is intact. Despite this weired, this is still a large and notifiable improvement over the initial time when I done the installation of Desktop (sarcasm intended).

So commonly, my Blackberry Events is not going for syncing of my iCal, but my iCal events sync with my Blackberry.

I received the same problem. After years of building birthdays,and different types of business achievements and personal calendar events , this newest update removed entirely !

Moved on to the RIM, did you hire a clown for a CTO? Do you even alpha and beta test of your carrying software which you have installed ? I had to exit from working with the Desktop for Windows on my virtual machine because it moved my Outlook so many times and for me it seems a pleasant surprise, the Mac version of your desktop software performed fine with Entourage and now this BS!Now, would you all suggest me the way through which I can get my calendar appointments back?

This is known issue and several users having the same device and getting such type of ical related issue and you know this is an old resolution for the same issue from doing a previous upgrade, but it worked just as the charm! You have to go for the OPTION 1, and when you relaunch your installed desktop manager and move to sync your information then just be sure that you have to MERGE the data since your ical has been wiped out properly !

This simple resolution has sorted entire thing out for me. Sync operation of the Calendar and Address Book goes just well currently . I have to also say that Backup and Restore has always operated properly so even if Sync doesn't feasible and I am sure that I at least running with a Backup copy that I can rely on.

The latest version contains a very complex bug: It cleans out your calendar! Fix this RIM .. It doesn't go for the syncing operation of your contacts either. If it complexed up your calendar and this would not sync the contacts, why did they launched this software out? This can not be that complex for a organization of RIM's resources.